Official Goldring DR150 Impressions Thread
Sep 9, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #511 of 761
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do you people even buy this headphone?

For Europe?: I got mine from Hificables.co.uk.

Sep 9, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #512 of 761
MMmmmmm i was thinking of buying a pair of senns 595's and a corda move, but now im having second thoughts and seriously considering these. Do these do much better with an amp, if so what would a good portable amp for these cans

Sep 9, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #513 of 761
arghhh hate u guys after weeks of figuring what headphone + amp to buy, i was relieved to finally come to the choice of getting 595's and the corda move. But noooo then u guys had to put last min thoughts in my mind buy saying the dr150 was better and cheaper. Then i ask a question and u all disappear from the thread not answering my question.

NOW IM CONFUSED ARGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IHATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOUUUUUUUUUUU

Sep 9, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #514 of 761
LOL

lemme try to help u out Duheed.

ive tested both the HD595 and DR150. and both on totally different setups. my music preference is metal....

i tested the HD595 multiple times, and the DR150 was only once for around 5 minutes.

i preferred the DR150.

but do take note... i tested with metal...and well...imho...Senns are crap for metal...so...

Sep 9, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #515 of 761
well i listen to lots of trance (i love eargasmic vocals in trance), and drum n bass (i like PHAT bass), and lots of chill out ambient stuff. I mean between the two is that big of a difference. And what amp would be good for the dr-150?
I mean i think ill just blow the dr-150 off and stick with 595 with the move, Just for the piece of mind. I have 465's and i do love them, i heard the 555's and like them too. I mean im new to the world of high end phones so im not fussy, i rekon ill love both these phones but i just dont know what to do.

Sep 9, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #517 of 761
FYI, my main issue with the HD595 when it comes to metal, was the non-existent bass.

but thats just metal...for some reason the bass on other genres are alright.

and since ur gonna amp the HD595, i suggest making a 100ohm impedance adapter... made it sound better even for metal imho. (though i still disliked it..senn house sound aint for me i guess).

and my colleague, who has the HD595s (amped with GV5) tested it with a 200ohm impedance adapter i made...his response was "my cans finally have boom boom!" his exact words. but it did make everything else recessed... the 100ohm gave it a better all around balance

Sep 9, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #518 of 761
by the way dude... just search for "HD595" in this thread and it should give u some other answers as well...

Sep 23, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #520 of 761
Recently got myself the DR150's... Oh my goodness they ARE amazing for the price you pay for them. I listen to music like Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Bob Marley, John Lee Hooker... and a whole lot more. I gotta say, I'm really happy with how my favorites sound right now.

I also removed the cloths cello taped to the grill. It's definitely not a placebo effect, removing the cloth really does open up the sound stage and warm up the sound a little. From what I understand the cloth is meant to protect the drivers from dust and a little water... and aesthetic reasons.

Currently I'm looking into adding a DAC to my setup. Perhaps an external USB soundcard? I'm still all too new to this. I'm on a budget though. Before this I was a speaker whore but ever since the baby came along... well.... here I am. lol

Anyone else from KL, Malaysia? willing to put up with a "competent noob"?
tongue.gif

Anyways, I think I'm in love with my docs.
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #521 of 761
Hmm these pretty much look like just what I'm looking for...

How do these compare to the MS1's? I might be selling my MS1's and buying these. Are they an upgrade in the sound department?

Nov 5, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #522 of 761
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm these pretty much look like just what I'm looking for...

How do these compare to the MS1's? I might be selling my MS1's and buying these. Are they an upgrade in the sound department?

One guy described them as MS1s + soundstage and bass.

Nov 6, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #523 of 761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Paccioli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One guy described them as MS1s + soundstage and bass.

Hmm... Sounds like me. Might have to EQ the bass down though... My MS1's have a perfect amount of bass for me IMO.

How well do they respond to amping though? Do they partner will with tube amps?

Nov 9, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #524 of 761
I want to get a pair to play with too ...I like gaint killers !
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back