Official Foobar Gallery
Oct 11, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #601 of 622
How does everybody else go about browsing through their collection if they don't use browser?
I see some people use album list, but it doesn't seem as flexible or nice looking as browser. Only problem is, browser is a bit buggy and not being developed anymore.

Thinking of rewriting my config to use panels ui.

Oct 11, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #602 of 622
^ I use the albumlist panel, I can't imagine how it could be improved?

Nov 25, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #603 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by ozstrike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does everybody else go about browsing through their collection if they don't use browser?
I see some people use album list, but it doesn't seem as flexible or nice looking as browser. Only problem is, browser is a bit buggy and not being developed anymore.

Thinking of rewriting my config to use panels ui.

Since I have all albums neatly organized into folders and parent folders, I have no need for any sort of external library-dependant way of doing it. Only as of recently I started looking into modifying the comments tag so I could try something else...

Unfortunately, I forgot to back up all my playlists when I formatted hdd and migrated to vista (I was still under the impression that playlists would reside somewhere in the foobar directory, oh well
frown.gif
) Incidentally, I am reorgnizing and reshaping the entire hdd pool structure moving multiple gigs of avis, mp3s, flacs and whatnot daily. So rebuilding the playlists could wait...

Back when I had everything set up ok though, I a full sized playlist switcher with 50+ playlists from top to bottom in full screen. Worked pretty well when I just felt like looking through the list to see what I feel like listening to.

Here is what I have after modifying jclim00's elegance to suit my needs. I am still looking for ways to make that playlist switcher transparent, or at least customize it with a seperate background image. Gone is the lyricsDB, as I am using SakuraScript to send the lyrics to SSP (not shown in the screenshot)

yunofoo.jpg

Jan 5, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #606 of 622
is there a way to steal someone's foobar config for yourself? I'm just looking for something that has a nice color sheme, album art and allows me to browse by artist, then album, then song. i just went through most of this thread and had no success trying to copy these configs... Can someone just send me their entire foobar 2k folder? does that work. my email is brcrantz@verizon.net

Jan 5, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #607 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by acedriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2494/dreamzeb7.png[/IG][/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

that is gorgeous, care to share how you did it?

Jan 6, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #609 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2170084032_33da00395b_b.jpg

I like it. Simple yet effective.

All I need now is something to download album art...

how'd you set that up? as you can tell i'm pretty new with foobar. is it possible for you to send me your foobar folder so i can just copy n paste it? my email is brcrantz@verizon.net

thanks

Jan 9, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #613 of 622
My foobar. Would hate to go back to something else...

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #614 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian loves music /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where did you download it from and how did you set it up? (sorry really new at this) that theme is just what i'm looking for

Yeah, sorry I forgot to check back on my post.

I used the guide http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/my...usable-182110/ there, with a few tweaks. Just follow all the instructions and download all the things you need (some links are broken so it might need a bit of googling to find things) then you can set it up that way via the guide. Look round in the settings a bit and you'll find how to change the colours like I did.

Good luck!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back