Official Effect Audio Axiom discussion & impressions thread
Mar 30, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #106 of 140
First, hello again to another Corgi aficionado (actually there are several in this thread) @corgifall.

I'm a little late to the party with some Axiom impressions, but here I am after a few days of listening! First, I actually thought the packaging was very classy, even if minimalist. The packet of potpourri in there is a really neat touch and made me feel like I was unboxing a high-end luxury product with the pleasant scent. After I was done lathering myself with that packet of smelly goodness, I got right to listening. Well, that's not entirely true, I had a hell of a time changing the module from MMCX to 2-pin. There's a very specific way to unhinge the module and it doesn't take much force, but it's quite specific in the angle and movement to get it loose. Once I did, it was really easy going from there and I was off to the races with the black modules first.

Upon first listen, the first thing that stood out was the bass quantity, especially the mid-bass. It had a wonderful slam that was always-present and had me toe-tapping from the get-go. Sub-bass rumble is great as well, digging deep into the lower registers and moving more air than BAs could ever dream of. I love the bass and it's the star of the show for me, but the mids and treble get special mention as well.

I found the overall signature to be of a natural, thick tonality that I categorize as a musical all-day listen type. The treble, for me and especially after a little burn-in, is that "just right" level of sparkle for a fatigue-free listen. Mids are thick and juicy with a nice texture and somewhat across the pond from detail-centric neutrality. This is all with the Code 51 cable, mind you, which is known to give a somewhat neutral presentation with a little bump in the bass. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by Axiom as a whole package with its ability to move a lot of air down low and give a warm, natural mid-range and then topping off with nicely extended treble that has a decent amount of sparkle. There's little to complain about here and the build quality, attention to detail and overall classiness suggest a higher price point than they are. Sound-wise, I think they're a great set with numerous options for fine-tuning to your liking to some degree.

Speaking of fine-tuning: I got a few minutes with the silver module (YU I believe?) and echo what others have said about similar bass and mids with a slightly more relaxed treble. I do hear a slight attenuation of the bass as well, so I would say where the black modules give a powerful slam with sparkly treble, the silver modules trim a little bit of energy off each end of the spectrum for more balance. I prefer the black modules because I love treble sparkle and maximum quantities of bass slam, but it's great to have options!

Here are some random photos I took :)

IMG_5653.JPG

IMG_5654.JPG

IMG_6087.JPG

IMG_6090.JPG

IMG_5659.JPG

Huge thanks to @EffectAudio and Nic for the opportunity to try these. It's very likely I'll purchase a set for myself as they fill a nice void in my current lineup for ultimate musicality.

-Collin-
It’s nice to see someone who enjoys the black module! Great impressions as always!

Mar 30, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #107 of 140
I surprisingly like the Axiom on some tubes!

739497B0-297B-490E-8B23-19F378894456.jpeg

Apr 2, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #110 of 140
Hi all,
I have shared my opinion regarding the Axiom here. Even though it has some flaws, I had great time enjoying its bass! Big thanks to Nic and Effect Audio team for sending the Axiom for the review!

Apr 6, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #111 of 140
Earlier today I read this article regarding the picture below...
Evolution 2.jpg

and I thought to myself: ''Wow, we have come quite a long way to perfect our banana peel skills, haven't we?''
Evolution.jpg

Now, somehow I do prefer this imo wonderful mudular invention myself...
Axiom 04.jpg

Just loving the fact that I can choose between different sound signatures, whenever I want, within a few minutes.
Well done Team EA! :)

Apr 6, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #112 of 140
Hi all,
I have shared my opinion regarding the Axiom here. Even though it has some flaws, I had great time enjoying its bass! Big thanks to Nic and Effect Audio team for sending the Axiom for the review!
How's the bass like compared to the ve8? Didn't manage to try it at canjam sg. There is always someone trying it at their booth.

Apr 22, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #115 of 140
It took some time, but here it is, just before the weekend. My EA Axiom review:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/effect-audio-axiom.25610/reviews#review-28376

Axiom 09.jpg

I realize that it has become quite a long story (which took me the past few weeks to create) in the end. But I hope that if you take the time to read it and listen to the music that comes on your path while doing so, that it will carry you away to several nice places for some time and that it will leave you behind with a smile on your face eventually.

GIF 04.gif

Enjoy!

Last edited:
May 11, 2022 at 5:00 AM Post #118 of 140
I can't wait to get ahold of my pair @EffectAudio . I will be using them with an iBasso DX240 and something else that I can not mention at this time. :D I think I may be comparing it to my pair Fir Audio V x Vs as well that I use for reference.
IMG_0479(1).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back