Official Beyerdynamic DT931 Thread
Feb 26, 2006 at 8:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ironmics

100+ Head-Fier
Well, since there's barely info on these incrdible cans
smily_headphones1.gif
I thought I'd post a nice thread to see how many other fans there are out there. So far I've only tried them at 0 ohms, but plan on making a 120 ohm adapter. So far I've found that these might be the highest fi, mid-fi pair of headphones ever. I've gone throught the mid range of some of the biggies 580's 225's 770's, and these are definitely the best sub 200 cans I've heard so far. I think I might like it too much
frown.gif
I have to start saving for a Corda.

Feb 26, 2006 at 1:21 PM Post #2 of 3
These were my first truly "expensive" pair of headphones.

For sure, they have their plus points. They are detailed, and have a fairly spacious sound, and they are very, very fast and lively.

Ultimately though, they werent for me, I just wanted for a bit more bass punch than they ultimately delivered, they just sounded too lightweight. To be honest, I thought they sounded best when driven by an integrated stereo amplifier, such as a NAD or Rotel.

Feb 26, 2006 at 2:37 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironmics
Well, since there's barely info on these incrdible cans
smily_headphones1.gif
I thought I'd post a nice thread to see how many other fans there are out there. So far I've only tried them at 0 ohms, but plan on making a 120 ohm adapter. So far I've found that these might be the highest fi, mid-fi pair of headphones ever. I've gone throught the mid range of some of the biggies 580's 225's 770's, and these are definitely the best sub 200 cans I've heard so far. I think I might like it too much
frown.gif
I have to start saving for a Corda.

The DT990 was Jan Meier's favorate headphone at one time.Once he replaced the cord and ran it through the 120 ohm jack of the Corda Prehead,he liked it better than the HD600 and DT880 because he could get better detail at lower sound levels.Newer models have been brought out since then though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back