Official ATH-ES7 Thread
Apr 24, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #257 of 542
So I am so close to pulling the trigger on these anyone have any input on this deal?

bd8d_12.JPG

"Bidding on a pair of used Audio-Technica ATH-ES7 Closed headphones. These are in mint condition cosmetically and sonically except for the headphone cable. It has been recabled using 4ft of mogami miniquad and terminated with a black and gold neutrik 3.5mm jack. Also it has also been modded by adding some rubber weather stripping under the pads. However, this is reversible."

At 75$ is this a good buy or am I better off getting a new pair for 85?

Apr 26, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #259 of 542
I recently purchased the ATH-ES7 for $120 from samedaymusic.com. I was just wondering if anyone has any information on the quality and authenticity of headphones from this site. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Apr 26, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #260 of 542
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpdm23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently purchased the ATH-ES7 for $120 from samedaymusic.com. I was just wondering if anyone has any information on the quality and authenticity of headphones from this site. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Check this thread if you want to compare the pair you just received to the fake one :

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/a...-fakes-417148/

But from the price you paid, they sound legit.

Apr 27, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #262 of 542
guys,

anybody tried converting ES7 into circumaural? im very interested in that possibility but i have no DIY experience whatsoever.

but they will lose some sexiness factor that's for sure.

Apr 27, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #263 of 542
I've never heard of doing that before and if it were possible, I would imagine there to be very serious amounts of DIY going on. There's a thread that discusses headphones that are circumaural but has similar sound as the es7. Here it is:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/cur...th-es7-285533/

Apr 30, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #265 of 542
Had my cans for about a week now and loving em. Just did the headband mod yesterday which turned out fine. They still grip to my head perfectly and are more comfortable with anything. However I do note that the clamping is not as tight as before and just wanted to confirm that's normal.

Otherwise I'm considering burning them in for 100-300hrs with my music library on random.

Apr 30, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #266 of 542
Well I just got mine you can see them in the picture above. They have weather stripping inside the padding. What does that do sound wise??? The headband mod had already been done. And they have been re-cabled with mogami mini quad. So far I am very happy with them for the 75$ I paid for them
biggrin.gif

I also bought a Samsung P2, it has very good sound for an MP3 player. Now I am just waiting for my E5 to come in the mail.

May 11, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #268 of 542
Just a heads up, my brand-new ES7s caught on a corner and had a cord snap from where the left ear meets the main line fairly easily. Certainly my fault only suggesting that you handle with care or consider changing the cable as I am now.

Jun 2, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #269 of 542
I got my es7s a week ago and I am loving them but I am having a few issues so far. I cant be 100 percent sure but I think the right and left are out of balance. Sometimes it seems like one side is louder than the other. Ive tried testing it many times with many songs but it just made me more unsure. I was wondering if there was a sound file that would help me test it out and let me know conclusively whether they are out of balance.

I also have a minor issue with the bass, to me so far it sounds really sandy and sharp in some places. How much would burning in or an amp help? If an amp does help a whole lot I would get one right now but if its not a priority I wouldn't cause I dont have a lot of money to spend right now. But the bass is starting to bother me a lot. Ive been avoiding some certain songs that I used to love because of it.

Jun 2, 2009 at 7:13 AM Post #270 of 542
i dont really know how much change burning in gives when compared to other phones but i should say es7's burn in affects a lot. however you should remember that while burn in sure exist, but the change is not drastic. it will not change that much of a can's sound sig. es7 sounds rather hollow and harsh at first, and it smoothens out after time. thats about it, and the change is enough to make me a believer of burn in so i guess it has one of the most noticeable burn in effects of other cans. i remember being disappointed with the bass out of the box, but after a week or two i feel the opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back