Official 2016 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 16, 2016, Wikia HQ
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #152 of 458
  No sure yet if I can make it, if I can I will bring something current from Bottlehead.

Cary

8 posts in nearly 10 years.

Please do not reply... it may blow your quota.
eek.gif

Honestly, I admire your restraint.

May 31, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #153 of 458
May 31, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #154 of 458
Creepy. I can think of no better way to keep ladies away from our hobby than comments like this.

I can think of a lot of avatars on Headfi that are far worse.

May 31, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #155 of 458
I can think of a lot of avatars on Headfi that are far worse.

Granted, but that doesn't make your comment better. And we're in a thread talking about a meet, where women might actually show up in person. Unless they get creepd out...

May 31, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #156 of 458
I'll be attending, see you all there!

May 31, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #157 of 458
Granted, but that doesn't make your comment better. And we're in a thread talking about a meet, where women might actually show up in person. Unless they get creepd out...

ok you win. original post deleted. I kindly ask all who quoted me to do the same and not perpetuate my offensive comment. I will send a note to the mods as well.

Jun 1, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #159 of 458

Actually, I've never thought of head phone meets as being great places to meet girls.  Just look at the photos from the meet impressions.

Yeah, although we did get some female attendees at CanJam SoCal. Well, at least one as evidenced by the photo here:

http://www.ocweekly.com/music/canjam-global-2016-showcased-the-latest-in-headphone-technology-7057470

gs1000.gif

Jun 1, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #160 of 458
Yeah, although we did get some female attendees at CanJam SoCal. Well, at least one as evidenced by the photo here:

http://www.ocweekly.com/music/canjam-global-2016-showcased-the-latest-in-headphone-technology-7057470

:gs1000smile:

I remember seeing her, and a few others.

[rule]

For those questioning the amount of ladies attending, there are a few at every show - a lot of the ladies are taken as their significant others are usually nearby, but that doesn't mean there aren't opportunities to meet not just ladies but everyone around the event area! :beerchug:

Jun 1, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #161 of 458

For those questioning the amount of ladies attending, there are a few at every show - a lot of the ladies are taken as their significant others are usually nearby, but that doesn't mean there aren't opportunities to meet not just ladies but everyone around the event area!
beerchug.gif

Unfortunately,  I'm a 62 year old fat guy.  It's still nice to see.  

Jun 2, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #164 of 458

For those questioning the amount of ladies attending, there are a few at every show - a lot of the ladies are taken as their significant others are usually nearby, but that doesn't mean there aren't opportunities to meet not just ladies but everyone around the event area! 
beerchug.gif

Unfortunately,  I'm a 62 year old fat guy.  It's still nice to see.  

Please let's not turn this into some sort of misogynistic thread or event.  It makes no difference whether or not women are there for the purpose of a head-fi meet.  If you think it does, this event is probably not for you. 

If I bring my girlfriend, I shouldn't have to feel self-concious about all these guys trying to check her out, etc.

This is just plain wrong and I'm considering not attending now. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back