OFFICIAL 2012 Bay Area Meet Thread (California) February 11th, Saturday
Jan 12, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #151 of 473
Quote:
Whatever is convenient for you.  I just want to have easy access for listeners so we don't have to do too much changing of rigs mid-meet, so it would be great if there are a few complete systems at the table.  And I'm lazy, I don't want to drag a desk top computer!

Thanks again.

My attendance is still tentative but if I do go I will have a Macbook Pro and likely the wife's Air both filled with music. They could also either be used to play CDs or external USB drives. I have the Apple USB CD drive for the Air, but the Air does not have optical out... So please don't count on my presence, but if I show up Ill be sure to offer if you'd like.

Jan 12, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #152 of 473

Thanks, and if you're there we'll take you up on it!  

And I just learned a little handy tip about the Air... I would have assumed it had optical out!
Quote:
Quote:

My attendance is still tentative but if I do go I will have a Macbook Pro and likely the wife's Air both filled with music. They could also either be used to play CDs or external USB drives. I have the Apple USB CD drive for the Air, but the Air does not have optical out... So please don't count on my presence, but if I show up Ill be sure to offer if you'd like.

Jan 12, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #155 of 473

CEE TEE has kindly offered to reserve additional table space for my equipment.  For those of you who are fans of Woo Audio, the additional space will be just enough to accommodate a two chassis WA5-LE amp which I will bring to the meet.  I've added the WA5-LE to my original equipment list post which can be found here.

Jan 12, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #156 of 473
Wow, yet another amp I really want to hear.  This is going to be a great meet!

Quote:

CEE TEE has kindly offered to reserve additional table space for my equipment.  For those of you who are fans of Woo Audio, the additional space will be just enough to accommodate a two chassis WA5-LE amp which I will bring to the meet.  I've added the WA5-LE to my original equipment list post which can be found here.

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #157 of 473
Please add me to regular member area.  I only need room for a laptop.  We brought munchies for all last time and will no doubt do it again.

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #158 of 473
Note to self: Leave girlfriend at home for the duration of the meet. 

Last meet, I went home to pick her up for lunch and returned back to the meet with her, and she rushed me to leave right after the raffle. :frowning2:

If you guys (or gals) have similar partners, I'd advise you to do the same. :)

Jan 15, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #162 of 473
Hello Cee Tee, I might just need half of a table, will bring a red wine hpa and small laptop, which won't take much space. thank you very much. 
The vintages I might bring: yamaha hp1000, Denon at-D6, Pioneer SE700 ( slightly cable problem), Leslie W4 (less known, but I found suprisingly good sounding), vintage A or S rs1, Panassonic eah500, akg K260 (I like them better than sextetts) 
I am really looking forward to hear sr009 (anyone have an 007 to compare?), HE6, LCD3 and some hi end IEMs, will bring my own ear tips. 

Jan 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #163 of 473
NEXT WEEKEND WILL DO FIRST DRAFT OF MEMBER ROOM DIAGRAMS.  (1/21/12)

Thanks, everyone for your requests...if I have difficulties I will PM you next weekend.

The Parking Maximum for overnight guests is now $18.  Will update the image with parking prices in the front of the thread...

Jan 15, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #164 of 473

Quote:
So bummed I'm missing this!  Almost enough to make a guy change jobs before next year's meet...

Quote:
Two years in a row!  Major bummer!

And likely to continue in my current job - Winter is our BUSY time!  I guess I'll have to eagerly read the impressions thread after the meet again...

Jan 15, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #165 of 473
Looks like I will be in the bay area while this is happening! Yipppeeee! - I normally live in France

Users who are viewing this thread

Back