Office Desktop System
Mar 9, 2017 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Vicks7

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All,

I am looking for recommendations for a relatively compact desktop system that I can use in the office or alternatively at home (but my intention is not to transport the rig between the two so does not need to be super portable).

My office desktop PC is a closed system so I cannot use this as a source and so I guess will need a computer source (laptop, tablet), a DAC and Amp.

My current headphones are the Grados 325is (had these for years) and Stax 009 which I currently use with a Woo GES at home - I also have Miracles for use with my AK240. Because of this I may need a new set of headphones for the office system - preferably something like a Sennheiser HD800 but open to suggestions.

I used to follow daily the posts on Headfi but with a young child and one more on the way I have completely lost track of the options that are out there.

If it helps, on my two channel system at home, I use a Windows based Baetis Audio Server that is loaded up with FLAC lossless files - if the desktop system can play these files it would be the best option as the music software at least would all be ready and I could just copy the files into the new system.

I mainly listen to Jazz, Blues, Folk, Acoustic and some classical.

Budget is relatively open (within reason!).

Thanks

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back