ODAC RevB
May 11, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #3 of 18
So... either HeWhoShallNotBeNamed is working on this behind the scenes/gave his blessing for this to come forth or JDS and crew have decided that he isn't going to surface to sue thier pants off? Interesting indeed.

May 13, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #6 of 18
It's good they added 16/88.2kHz for those who need it. The power fix too, even if the problem is rare.

Jun 9, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #7 of 18
Can anyone confirm if the ODAC Rev B works directly from iPad / iPhone 6 with or without camera connection kit?

Jun 9, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #9 of 18
Oh and just to add it doesn't disable the digital volume control like my benchmark dac1 does. So does need to be turned up to max on the phone for 16 bit resolution I assume .

Jun 10, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #12 of 18
It does! Just tried it thinking it wouldn't and sure enough it works! Excellent .

Thanks! Then I think it will be a good replacement for my old original CLAS. Then the ODAC RevB can be used for with both PC and iPhone as source. 

Jun 10, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #13 of 18
I just ordered a new ODAC (E-DAC) from Epiphany Accoustics in the UK. Now I'm looking forward to be using it with my iPhone 6+ and Quickstep :)

Jun 15, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #15 of 18
  I think the sabre should be better.

I think sabre has more of a love to hate extreme with opinions, but honestly after my extensive comparisons with different dacs (comparing different chips and same chips), I personally found it hard to really get a consistent theme between brands or chip details, so I guess people may have been right about implementation being more important. Still think manufacturers should publish the dac chip used in their device though (some companies are sketchy about this).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back