October 3rd Custom Electronics Midwest Head-Fi meet!
Sep 29, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #196 of 227
Just got an email from Craig at Whiplash, the Pro2 and Studio are just today being sent out to him, so he doesn't know if we'll have them in time
frown.gif
I'll keep you guys updated.

Sep 30, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #197 of 227
I took the whole day off for this event, so I don't really mind when it starts...I would prefer earlier in the day, say from noon-4. I thought we had a start time already set because of the stores hours on Saturday.

It's unfortunate that whiplash is having a tough time getting us the stuff, but we can always raffle it off and then the winner could play shipping to have it shipped...I wouldn't mind if the item was free. Here's to hoping that it's on its way.

Nylan

Sep 30, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #198 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I took the whole day off for this event, so I don't really mind when it starts...I would prefer earlier in the day, say from noon-4. I thought we had a start time already set because of the stores hours on Saturday.

It's unfortunate that whiplash is having a tough time getting us the stuff, but we can always raffle it off and then the winner could play shipping to have it shipped...I wouldn't mind if the item was free. Here's to hoping that it's on its way.

Nylan

I hope to god you bring the LD MK II, it's 90% of why I'm coming.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll possibly be in and out a bit, I got furniture being delivered that day. I'll probably leave my gear there and make sure I got a few eyes on it. I'm sure I can trust you guys, although I don't know how much my gear is of value to you guys, I still got the same gear list, MDR-V6, ATH-AD700, and self built cmoy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #199 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynjell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope to god you bring the LD MK II, it's 90% of why I'm coming.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll possibly be in and out a bit, I got furniture being delivered that day. I'll probably leave my gear there and make sure I got a few eyes on it. I'm sure I can trust you guys, although I don't know how much my gear is of value to you guys, I still got the same gear list, MDR-V6, ATH-AD700, and self built cmoy.
smily_headphones1.gif

No worries, I'll be there. I just have stuff that evening and would prefer not to miss any portion of either event.

As to your gear, that is still about 200-250 USD worth of gear. I'd still be conscious of my gear.

-Nylan

Sep 30, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #200 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No worries, I'll be there. I just have stuff that evening and would prefer not to miss any portion of either event.

As to your gear, that is still about 200-250 USD worth of gear. I'd still be conscious of my gear.

-Nylan

Well, the ath's were 60 and the sony's were 70, and the cmoy was all of 30-40 or so. So yeah it's still expensive, but not that expensive.

Sep 30, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #201 of 227
Just got an email from Craig, I'm 99% sure we're not getting the PRO2 or STUDIO, but he's sending out some other stuff and it should be here tomorrow. He said he's going to send me details of what's in the package later tonight. I'm going to be receiving the Whiplash package, Chris is going to get the TTVJ package. We'll let you guys know as soon as we take delivery.

Sep 30, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #202 of 227
I just wanted to confirm that switching sources around won't be a problem. I use a laptop with a transit as a source and for space concerns I was just going to share somebody else's source instead of bringing mine.

Oct 1, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #203 of 227
Maybe I'm weird, but one thing I'd like to see is us not use thigns that could get all over each other's headphones.

Everyone take a shower and dry themselves well before coming, do not use gel or hairspray (to prevent stickies getting all over each other's gear), and use a minimal amount of cologne. Naturally, we want to be using deoderant, etc, but avoid using scents and other such items that could get all over each other's gear. Also, clean your ears before showing up.

Oct 1, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #204 of 227
Quote:

Maybe I'm weird, but one thing I'd like to see is us not use thigns that could get all over each other's headphones.

Everyone take a shower and dry themselves well before coming, do not use gel or hairspray (to prevent stickies getting all over each other's gear), and use a minimal amount of cologne. Naturally, we want to be using deoderant, etc, but avoid using scents and other such items that could get all over each other's gear. Also, clean your ears before showing up.

I will schedule my once monthly shower accordingly.

Oct 1, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #205 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will schedule my once monthly shower accordingly.

I am not trying to be rude, but the last thing I want on my headphones is other people's cologne/perfume or gel/hairspray.

And the shower part is a given.

Oct 1, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #206 of 227
Quote:

I am not trying to be rude, but the last thing I want on my headphones is other people's cologne/perfume or gel/hairspray.

And the shower part is a given.

I agree totally.

Oct 1, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #207 of 227
I mean, I'm not calling the shots, I meant my prior post as simply a suggestion but re-reading it I realized it was given almost as a order, I don't mean it as such but I'd really prefer that people come clean and au-natural.

Oct 1, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #208 of 227
Wow, I've been away for much too long. Work has been a zoo, and home is of course a zoo, I have kids. I had to force myself to ignore the phone and e-mail and take the time to read the last 4-5 pages of posts to catch up on everything.

I have in my hot little hands a TTVJ FET-A desktop amp, and a TTVJ Portable Headphone Amplifier. Delivered yesterday and today, respectively. I intend to listen to the portable here at work for a few minutes, and the FET-A at home, before the meet. Don't expect me to have much of an opinion sound-wise, as I'm talking a few minutes for each, basically just to become familiar with them.

I also have a couple of items for the raffle.

Looking forward to Saturday.

As far as the personal hygiene thing, here is a link to a good post about it, as well as other meet etiquette. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f24/me...0/#post2763939

Oct 1, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #210 of 227
^I will absolutely donate whatever is leftover from shipping fees to Head-Fi.

Bad news on the new MiniMax, the pins on the tubes Craig sent me are bent
frown.gif
But I'm sure that Gross will have a couple that he could pop in... I was really excited to hear it too
frown.gif

By the way, I'm sneaking a listen on the iQube V2 that Craig sent out... I'm astonished. You guys have to hear this thing.

Craig also sent me a few LODs and a pair of headphones to raffle off. Y'all are gonna love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back