October 2007 UK Meet Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #211 of 244
I can bring along some more gear then. If we're thinking some time after Christmas I'll have a Graham Slee Solo and 650s, hopefully a DAC1 too. I'm definitely bringing my Squeezebox, I love that thing and it means no more lugging CDs around.

Nov 7, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #212 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can bring along some more gear then. If we're thinking some time after Christmas I'll have a Graham Slee Solo and 650s, hopefully a DAC1 too. I'm definitely bringing my Squeezebox, I love that thing and it means no more lugging CDs around.

I wish I had that much cash lying around!! That's almost enough to get me a used HeadAmp Blue Hawaii or a well spec'ed WooAudio GES
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #213 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish I had that much cash lying around!! That's almost enough to get me a used HeadAmp Blue Hawaii or a well spec'ed WooAudio GES
biggrin.gif

Who said anything about it lying around?
wink.gif
I've contacted Graham about a Solo amp this evening and I bought the squeezebox this month but the 650s will have to be a Christmas present to myself and the DAC1 will be partly funded by birthday money. I refuse to dabble in credit cards for the time being, I've seen too many people rack up big debts.

Nov 8, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #214 of 244
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Says the guy with the Baby O. :p

Nov 8, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #215 of 244
Did anyone who went to the Manchester meet NOT immediately order a Slee Solo when they got home? I just paid for mine but they seem to be extremely busy - not betting on delivery much before the end of the month.

Bizzel - good to see you're following through on your conclusions from the meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #216 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by senny-ftw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone who went to the Manchester meet NOT immediately order a Slee Solo when they got home? I just paid for mine but they seem to be extremely busy - not betting on delivery much before the end of the month.

smily_headphones1.gif

I didn't get a chance to try it, so I'm going to take advantage of MrJoshua's kind offer of the Graham Slee Loan Program (see other Manchester meet thread), probably fall in love with it and order one for myself.

Nov 9, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #217 of 244
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Did you end up getting the 2007 or the 2008 pre-release from Rock Grotto? I bought the latter for £245.

Nov 9, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #218 of 244
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Me, I bought a Pass Labs Aleph instead
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #220 of 244
You smell wrong. Its all for the AMT, all of it.

A 3-4ohm, 100dB sensitivity headphone, you'd think it'd be easier to drive.

Nov 9, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #221 of 244
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Well there will be one more since I sent mine back, I preferred the Arietta which is cheaper, easier to order and the seller answers emails. It also does not have an "Amstrad" volume knob

Nov 9, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #222 of 244
Quote:

I smell K1000

I am sad to say that I am the one who has fallen prey to the allure of the K1000. However, sucks to be me since I am going to America for the next 3 weeks, and my K1000 only arrived tonight with no amp to drive them! Can you image the horror of a pair of K1000 sitting unused!

Chris

Nov 10, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #223 of 244
They aren't sitting unused. They are charging up their "awesome" field, ready for discharge into your ears upon your return!

Nov 10, 2007 at 1:51 PM Post #224 of 244
London would be an ideal choice for me for the next meet location. However Cambridge would not be a problem either. Some more good meet pics as well ...cheers to the photographers !

Nov 10, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #225 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by Progenitor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sad to say that I am the one who has fallen prey to the allure of the K1000. However, sucks to be me since I am going to America for the next 3 weeks, and my K1000 only arrived tonight with no amp to drive them! Can you image the horror of a pair of K1000 sitting unused!

Chris

Superb stuff! So you've got one now
biggrin.gif
Congrats! I really don't know whether the K1000 should be in my plan for the near future. It represents a huge expenditure which could be spent on better amplification for my current 'phones. With the amount I can realistically spend, I could only really get the K1000 + a cheapclass T/D amp and that really won't do the K1000 any justice. I guess if I sold my current amp/'phones, I could get a very decent K1k rig going (eg PL Aleph 30/3 or FW F1 + K1000), but that would be madness. There's no guarantee it would be better than what I'm listening to now. Duggeh, which Aleph did you get?

Does anyone have in the UK have a Stax SRM-007II, WooAudio GES or KGSS? I'd like to hear 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back