Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple)
Sep 5, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #978 of 1,190
Hi cooperpwc,

Do you use the stock comply tips or Ortofon/ others?

What is the recommended tip for Kaede?
Thanks

I like the Large size comply TS foamies tips. I am currently using the TS-500 because I have some lying around. They work fine. Ideally I would go with the TS-300 series which would be tighter on the barrel but still easy to remove.

For a silicon tip, I like the FAD Heaven series B tips. I want to try the Ortofon.

Sep 6, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #980 of 1,190
I found the combination of TP and Kaede to be a good combination.
Acoustic instruments great.
Soundstage is wide. Deep and layered properly.
Jazz and acoustic guitars / violins / cellos are very nice.

Sep 8, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #981 of 1,190
We've heard this before though....

I got my pair yesterday, it is m180.

I doubt there will be m200 (my guess is a few went for trial and few didn't pass qc)
I asked him about having additional runs, and he said no;
He will need to buy the wood for 200 units, and he doesn't think he would be able to sell them all

Sep 8, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #982 of 1,190
I got my pair yesterday, it is m180.

I doubt there will be m200 (my guess is a few went for trial and few didn't pass qc)
I asked him about having additional runs, and he said no;
He will need to buy the wood for 200 units, and he doesn't think he would be able to sell them all

Well I think they have a winner in the Sui. Especially regarding its price point to performance ratio it's a very good IEM.

Sep 8, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #983 of 1,190

Well I think they have a winner in the Sui. Especially regarding its price point to performance ratio it's a very good IEM.

Depends on what you mean by "winner" I'd say. From a resale value perspective, I can easily find Sui 2nd hands for sale quite easily at the stores. Kaedes and Kuro's are somewhat much harder to find on the 2nd hand market.

Personally for my ears, Yamagishi-san hit it right with the Kaedes out of the 3 models he released. No idea what happened to the Donguri.

Sep 24, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #986 of 1,190
  End of a short era. 

I am enjoying the KAEDE just about every day. Really glad that I got my 5% of the action.

You mean 0.5% (not 5%)... unless you're not telling us you actually have 10 pairs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back