Ocharaku Donguri
Feb 11, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #16 of 113
Quote:
I'm like one of the biggest Flat4 fanatics on head-fi. I have the SUI and KAEDE, and while the latter is a gorgeous piece of kit that is definitely an upgrade in the materials department, I'm not so sure it's a big upgrade in terms of sound. In fact, it sounds quite similar to the SUI to my ears, main difference being slightly less glare up top and slightly more bass heft below. While I appreciate the better upper-end, I don't think the SUI needed anymore bass! The KAEDE can be a little overwhelming on certain tracks. But really, both are exquisite and beat the pants off of most other IEMs for me personally, especially in terms of refinement (no nasty resonance), detail extraction, and dynamics.

As for the Donguri, I hate to say it, but they kind of remind me of those awful Thinksound RAIN earphones on the outside, though I'm sure the craftsmanship is superior. Knowing Ocharaku, the engineering on the inside will result in a good sound too.

MuppetFace, I can't have enough praise for the SUI. Gosh. They're marvelous and yet so under-the-radar! I felt like the sound is so natural, like I'm really hearing the instruments "as how they sound". While vocals have taken me aback due to the un-intimate distance, I found that almost everything is so clear and Real. The only other experience which almost relates to the feel of "realness" is the FAD FIBASS, with a much more heftier price tag, a greater amount of bass, and almost the same aspects in sound quality. I heard the FitEar as well, still think they lack the transparency (Not that they are any bad, maybe my brain needs more burn-in towards that kind of sound).

Yeah, the RAIN series. Well, I wonder how it "tornadoes" into the ear, and how it affects sound quality.

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #17 of 113
Quote:

MuppetFace, I can't have enough praise for the SUI. Gosh. They're marvelous and yet so under-the-radar! I felt like the sound is so natural, like I'm really hearing the instruments "as how they sound". While vocals have taken me aback due to the un-intimate distance, I found that almost everything is so clear and Real. The only other experience which almost relates to the feel of "realness" is the FAD FIBASS, with a much more heftier price tag, a greater amount of bass, and almost the same aspects in sound quality. I heard the FitEar as well, still think they lack the transparency (Not that they are any bad, maybe my brain needs more burn-in towards that kind of sound).

I wholeheartedly agree on the Flat4-SUI. It's a fantastic earphone, and I feel it can stand alongside stuff costing twice---even three times---as much. It's one of my absolute favorites.

Regarding the TO GO! 334, I feel it's a very transparent device that is well suited to monitoring purposes. One of the most important considerations there is making it non-fatiquing, so the overall tonal balance is somewhat darker. I can imagine this might lead to the perception of it being less transparent. Something like the Flat4 (or K3003 or FI-BA-SS) is designed more as an overt "hi fi" or audiophile product, which tend to be brighter to give more of a sense of airiness and fidelity. Also the lower end of the TO GO! 334 is a bit on the slow side, which can also contribute to a sense of it being less "open."

Apr 1, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #18 of 113
Oh man...
This, or the modded CKM55s 
mad.gif

Or BOTH 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #19 of 113
Hi, 

Yamagishi-san worked in Sony.
There are very many products which he dealt with.
MDR-E252, MDR-E262, MDR-E484.... & PFR-V1 !

Sony official Web page. (Japanese text only)

My Sony Club
“スピーカーを頭に装着する”という発想
ソニーのDNAを受け継ぐ職人たち (Craftsmen inheriting DNA of Sony)
https://msc.sony.jp/member/mail/mysony/series/20080619_1/

Quote:
Jeepers...you guys are quick. Was given a CD too but I'm too tired to go through it now. This is still a prototype, target is to be on the low end in comparison to the Sui and Flat4 Maple :-

Oct 18, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #23 of 113
Oct 26, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #24 of 113
I had a quick 2-3 min listen to the Donguri today and as with the Kaede's I find them impressive. The focus on the highs and the details are finely tuned. They don't have as much bass focus as the Kaedes (and even Yamagishi-san mentioned that) but to be honest it wasn't glaring to me of the lean bass. I only listened to a 1/2 a track with it but enjoyed it quite a bit. I'll have to go back for a 2nd listen tomorrow :-

Oct 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #25 of 113
Can anyone say when these are coming out and where they can be purchased interbationally. I heard the SUI's and really miss them an the Donguri really interests me.

Dec 14, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #26 of 113
According to jaben friend of mine the sound is very good. It has a woody character tone and very clean sounding iem. I might want to try this. But looking forward hearing from other folks at mooks festival.

Feb 28, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #29 of 113
there should be some on this thread. remember they are darker sounding than flat 4s. 

im still thinking about getting a pair of KUROs...but other spending priorities just keep cropping up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back