Obtaining Pink Noise??
Feb 23, 2007 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

rwest1389

500+ Head-Fier
Well i guess i've bought into burn-in (please do not refute it in this thread), and I was wondering if anyone knew where you can get it for free? Is it complex enough that you need 15 minutes or can you use one minute or less just on a loop? Does anyone have a small file that they could share? Thanks in advance.

Feb 23, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 40
Feb 23, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #4 of 40
For creating your own pink noise, or any other test tone you like, i recommend Audacity, which contains a tone generator. Very handy, besides it's obviously great recording features.

Feb 24, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #8 of 40
Just to add a small but important note to the definition above. White noise is all frequencies played at once. Pink noise is all frequencies played with the same amount of energy at once. It provides a more even work out for the headphones. There is a thread somewhere.. Here That deals all about burning in with pink sound.

Feb 24, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #9 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
simply put, every frequency playing at once. really works the drivers!

True, but in Pink Noise the volume of the noise drops off at around 3dB per octave, which is closer to the sensitivity of the human ear than White Noise which has an equal volume across frequencies.

Feb 24, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #11 of 40
Does quality make a difference? Is it necessary to get a pink noise CD? Will ripping pink noise onto a CD using Audacity (if that is even possible.. I haven't used the program before) be the same as a pink noise CD?

EDIT: Nevermind... disregard this post. I thought the link to the pink noise track above was in mp3 format. It turns out that it is in wav format.

Feb 24, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #13 of 40
ehh, just try playing Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, and Wish You Were Here in sucession each day for a couple weeks[size=xx-small]*[/size]
icon10.gif

[size=xx-small]*yes of course I'm joking. Sorry I couldn't resist any longer[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back