Obscure Chinese DAPs
Sep 17, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #6,466 of 8,122
I been interested in f.audio, since I got there s1 but I am very hesitant, does it's still have the 10db sub bass roll off?

Pls. refer to Cqtek's measurement. 20 Hz drop is 5 dB.

But I think a small drop in lowest bass is not that bad. Low frequency distributes more energy than high frequency. If the drop is slight, it helps power distribution and hence headphones driving power.

You have to denote the "empty socket version" upon buying. Also, this version doesn't come with two OPA1612. You have to buy two dual channel op amp separately (or four single channel op amp, conversion boards, pins, and do the soldering by your own. My soldering is not bad, isn't it).

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #6,467 of 8,122
So I just got this little thing - the cowon iaudio hifi
IMG_20190917_144828.jpg IMG_20190917_151946.jpg

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #6,468 of 8,122
Pls. refer to Cqtek's measurement. 20 Hz drop is 5 dB.

But I think a small drop in lowest bass is not that bad. Low frequency distributes more energy than high frequency. If the drop is slight, it helps power distribution and hence headphones driving power.

You have to denote the "empty socket version" upon buying. Also, this version doesn't come with two OPA1612. You have to buy two dual channel op amp separately (or four single channel op amp, conversion boards, pins, and do the soldering by your own. My soldering is not bad, isn't it).
Your soldering looks better then mine! Sorry about posting wrong info, will correct

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #6,471 of 8,122
came here to say the same thing. that Glen Hansard is a pretty great album.

So is the Amber Rubarth... and the first notes of the first song will tell you if your iems or buds are correctly wired... correct channels and in phase.

Sep 17, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #6,473 of 8,122
Yeah, both are great (and also exceptionally well recorded albums)! There's no need for great sounding gear if you don't use it for some great sounding music.

Exactly. The music is the most important part of all of this.

Sep 17, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #6,475 of 8,122
So is it as good as I'm hoping it will be?
Excellent sound?
Usable/bug free UI?
Decent battery life (10hrs +)?
Well, can't tell you yet, I just listened to it for a few minutes. I can't judge it on that as I'm swamped with work and am insanely sleep-deprived. And sleep deprivation and exhaustion really mess with how one perceives sound.

My laptop played a big one one me and I lost a week of work, so I've been working 20 hours a day for the past 6-7 days coz I have ticket for Florence and the Machine in Greece this week and I surely don't want to mess up my vacation.

Hopefully, I should finally finish sometime tonight, so I'll share my first impressions tomorrow when I've had a bit more sleep.

Sep 17, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #6,477 of 8,122
I wanted to ask you which one you think is better in terms of sound, between the Hidizs AP80 and the Fiio M6.
I think the ES 9018 is better than the ES 9218, but I'm not entirely sure.
I´m looking for clarity, a detailed and balanced sound. I mainly listen to rock music.

And, also, with what IEM they think it would be more convenient to pairing.

Sep 17, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #6,479 of 8,122
it's not chinese, but i found a 10 year old player I bought back in the day for traveling
I charged and loaded it up with some tunes and gave it a listen.
It's a Zune HD and as i sit here listening to Diana Krall, Keali'i Reichel, John Pizzarelli and others it makes me wonder how tech sometimes is just too elegant and ahead of itself to be understood. With my FEN 2000s and TIN T3s it doesn't sound half bad for a 10 year old piece of abandoned tech. Svelt, beautiful screen, decent UI destroyed by a competitor's ecosystem kind of sad for something so beautifully executed. I guess you could call it a really obscure DAP

Sep 18, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #6,480 of 8,122
it's not chinese, but i found a 10 year old player I bought back in the day for traveling
I charged and loaded it up with some tunes and gave it a listen.
It's a Zune HD and as i sit here listening to Diana Krall, Keali'i Reichel, John Pizzarelli and others it makes me wonder how tech sometimes is just too elegant and ahead of itself to be understood. With my FEN 2000s and TIN T3s it doesn't sound half bad for a 10 year old piece of abandoned tech. Svelt, beautiful screen, decent UI destroyed by a competitor's ecosystem kind of sad for something so beautifully executed. I guess you could call it a really obscure DAP
Yea zune players were very very good, but in the end, the majority of people didn't want a anything that good, they prefer ipod touch, nano and classic......... The power of marketing, it wasn't cool to own a zune

Users who are viewing this thread

Back