Obscure Chinese DAPs
Aug 30, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #6,376 of 8,095
Anybody tried the Ruizu H1?
4 inch touchscreen plus Bluetooth 5.0.
Really hoping this Ruizu can play 24-bit files, so far the A50 is the only one I know of that can out of anything Ruizu's made

Sep 1, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #6,378 of 8,095
A batch of agptek imps have just appeared on eBay so grabbed one @ £40. Very impressed so far. Great detailed sound. Great layering and soundstage. Very happy.
£35 new on amazon.co.uk! Hope you can return if you want that fiver back :p

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #6,379 of 8,095
A batch of agptek imps have just appeared on eBay so grabbed one @ £40. Very impressed so far. Great detailed sound. Great layering and soundstage. Very happy.
Really like the looks. Hows the battery lasting?

Sep 1, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #6,380 of 8,095

Really like the looks. Hows the battery lasting?

Does the imp really have a 4,000 file limit, as mentioned in a few Amazon reviews? If so, that would be a deal breaker for me :frowning2:

Other than that, the metal body and 20hr playback time looks good.

Sep 1, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #6,381 of 8,095
Does the imp really have a 4,000 file limit, as mentioned in a few Amazon reviews? If so, that would be a deal breaker for me :frowning2:

Other than that, the metal body and 20hr playback time looks good.

I think it originally came out around 4 years ago.

File limits should not apply with folder view.

Sep 1, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #6,384 of 8,095
I nearly got one few years back but decided against it as it looks virtually identical to colorfly c3 which i own. To my ears the imp sounds miles better and the fw not as frustrating. Folders negate the 4000 file limit as mbwilson points out.

Sep 3, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #6,387 of 8,095
To answer the guy before who was asking about AP80 vs m0, the perception I have gotten from everyone who has compared them both has said that the AP80 has a noticeable or even much higher sound quality than the m0.

Could you link to those comparisons? I see in your list that you do have the AP80 but not the m0. I have neither so I have no opinion and if I were choosing between them I think there are many factors to consider.

Sep 3, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #6,389 of 8,095
what about the AP80 versus the Zishan DSD or Activo CT-10?

Sep 3, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #6,390 of 8,095
I'm looking for a player that can fulfill some simple criteria and make my podcast listening experience not so frustrating:

-A device that has an effective button lock (my current AGPtek device unlocks itself all the time in my pocket, just because of the way I'm sitting or leaning against something)

-A device that picks up where you left off when you shut it down (without having to use bookmarks), and that also remembers where you left off when you're jumping between podcast episodes.

-A device that can fast forward at better than 1minute per second.

Sound quality really doesn't matter to me, as I'm just listing to podcasts. I really just want something cheap that has the aforementioned functions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back