Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jun 30, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #6,121 of 8,095
I purchased the Zulu HD X9 from VS Audio Store looking for some audio magic after reading the positive review. This was not to be as I receive the item DOA. Would not hold a charge, and zero sound even though it showed music file playing.

I contacted the seller and received the worst time I have ever went through with Ali transaction. I explained the situation and sent a video as requested for proof. The seller refused to replace the unit wanted me to ship it back which would cost as much as the entire unit. When I explain this would not work they went through two weeks torturing me by insinuating I was not telling the truth, then suggesting I take it apart to get it fixed at a local establishments and numerous other useless suggestions each taking several days between each correspondence to receive an answer. Even after filing a dispute the most I could get back was half price, even though the item was received DOA and reported immediately. I strongly recommend that one does not purchase from VS audio store unless you enjoy getting ripped off and do not value your sanity.

just be glad this didn't happen with more expensive DAP, i bought lotoo paw 5k mk2 from head-fi and couple of days later the scroll wheel not working well or at all...and i paid almost 300$ :frowning2:

at least you didn't pay much and also got half price refund.

Jun 30, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #6,122 of 8,095
just be glad this didn't happen with more expensive DAP, i bought lotoo paw 5k mk2 from head-fi and couple of days later the scroll wheel not working well or at all...and i paid almost 300$ :frowning2:

at least you didn't pay much and also got half price refund.
Yes that is bad. True mine was only a small amount, but it’s also the fact that the dealer would do something like that. Don’t they realize that’s not acceptable business practice? I thought Ali express protection would be better also but I guess the customer does not matter in their business model.

There are many sellers on Ali, I would just hope people skip VS Audio when shopping. Even with private deals most people I have met had been very honest and of high integrity.

Jul 3, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #6,123 of 8,095
My K1 arrived today

Shanling M0 in it's case on the left and the K1 on the right not in it's clip case.

It's not labeled as Benjie but Geruida which are a brand I have never heard of.

This is the link of the product on the Benjie website - http://www.benjie-tx.com/MP3HiFiPlayer/269.html

I ordered it from Ali and cost just over £18. I will use it and post my findings.

This is the link I ordered it from and took around two weeks to arrive.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/K1-...eading-Video-Playback-Sports/33004609597.html

What about the sounds trougth bluetooth, is it good?
Does we can listenning to the bass or is it flat?
How about the battery running on bluetooth?
Is it sound better than an average smartphone?

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #6,124 of 8,095
What about the sounds trougth bluetooth, is it good?
Does we can listenning to the bass or is it flat?
How about the battery running on bluetooth?
Is it sound better than an average smartphone?

1. It doesn't sound that great through bluetooth.
2. It does have bass but the audio range is not as good as my Shanling M0.
3. Not tested battery life with bluetooth yet.
4. Depends on the smartphone. My Sony Xperia Z5 has better sound quality in my opinion. Lower end smartphones may sound worse than the K1.

Jul 3, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #6,125 of 8,095
1. It doesn't sound that great through bluetooth.
2. It does have bass but the audio range is not as good as my Shanling M0.
3. Not tested battery life with bluetooth yet.
4. Depends on the smartphone. My Sony Xperia Z5 has better sound quality in my opinion. Lower end smartphones may sound worse than the K1.

Thanks, I use my OnePlus 5T smartphone with some cheap Soundpeats Engine Bluetooth earphones daily at work, I like the output quality sound, they both have APTX and Bluetooth 5.0 and the OnePlus 5T have some Dirac HD sound enhancement.
I want to save my Smartphone from this daily use, battery usage "over 9 hours daily" is a bit to big to have it in the pocket, and it don't have Radio FM.
But I don't want to have worst sound, I appreciate alot this setup, I'm not a Bass Head but don't like zero Bass or strident treble, for me high fidelity means that sound have to be as equal as the original, when I see reviews saying that Bass is less present or recessed on an called Hi-Fi device this means it doesn't respect the original source and can't be called hi-fi, the Shanling M0 is one example people say that it lacks bass.
Is there any cheap Chinese DAP option that can suit my needs?

- +9 hours battery life running on Bluetooth.
- FM Radio.
- Good quality sound with present Bass and good voice and treble over Bluetooth.

What about this devices?

https://www.amazon.es/gp/aw/d/B07R56BV9Y/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.es/gp/aw/d/B07QQYKZXN/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.es/gp/aw/d/B07GDLBX7K/ref=sspa_mw_detail_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I see the Shanling M0 or better the Hidiz Ap80 but they are both to expensive and the Hidiz is difficult to find in Europe or from European warehouse to avoid taxes.
Or is there a better choice to buy an 2 years old used smartphone like the Samsung Galaxy A5 2017?

Jul 3, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #6,126 of 8,095
Thanks, I use my OnePlus 5T smartphone with some cheap Soundpeats Engine Bluetooth earphones daily at work, I like the output quality sound, they both have APTX and Bluetooth 5.0 and the OnePlus 5T have some Dirac HD sound enhancement.
I want to save my Smartphone from this daily use, battery usage "over 9 hours daily" is a bit to big to have it in the pocket, and it don't have Radio FM.
But I don't want to have worst sound, I appreciate alot this setup, I'm not a Bass Head but don't like zero Bass or strident treble, for me high fidelity means that sound have to be as equal as the original, when I see reviews saying that Bass is less present or recessed on an called Hi-Fi device this means it doesn't respect the original source and can't be called hi-fi, the Shanling M0 is one example people say that it lacks bass.

- FM Radio.
- Good quality sound with present Bass and good voice and treble over Bluetooth.

What about this devices?

I see the Shanling M0 or better the Hidiz Ap80 but they are both to expensive and the Hidiz is difficult to find in Europe or from European warehouse to avoid taxes.
Or is there a better choice to buy an 2 years old used smartphone like the Samsung Galaxy A5 2017?

Just so you know neither the DAC or the DAP's AMP will be used when it is just sending Bluetooth to another device. The sound quality will primarily come from the bluetooth headphones/device.
- Also, every DAP I have has much poorer Bluetooth transmission range than every phone I have had. (Including the AP80) (Same for WIFI, which some DAPs have)
With Bluetooth, Aptx-HD and LDAC will give you much cleaner sound. Both the Sending device(DAP or Phone or computer), and the REceiving Device (Headphone, earphone, dap, computer) need to have Aptx-HD or LDAC for those bluetooth codecs to work. Most new phones have ability to send both LDAC and Aptx-hd, starting with Android 8. Check though because some manufacturers don't turn these on in their modified version of Android.
- And Apple does not use these codecs. Apple still uses AAC, which is OK, but Supposedly a bit lower quality. (Have not heard an iphone using AAC. Again receiving device would need to receive AAC for bet apple sound) Apple will likely introduce a better codec, if they have not already.

Because you mention mostly bluetooth, a smartphone with LDAC and/or Aptx-HD would be my recommendation. I have an LG-G6 (international version) that can transmit both. And the G6 has a better dac/amp than most phones. Just be sure that you get one with the "Quad DAC". In the US the LG-G6 did not come with the Quad DAC. In Europe the Earphone output is limited (by law?). So an international/Asian version will get you better sound through the earphone jack. Unsure what used pricing would be.

Jul 4, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #6,129 of 8,095
don't seem to be any news about F.Audio XS03, anyone got it?
apparently it has 330mw at 32ohm balanced..that's quit powerful.

I bought it and I'm really looking forward to trying it. But it hasn't arrived yet. I have read very little information about it. A shop in my country lent me the Fiio M11 on a tour, which mounts two AK4493s and I was very impressed. The XS03 also mounts two AK4493s, I don't think it's the same from afar, but it's a hope.

Jul 5, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #6,132 of 8,095
With Shanling M0 will i get this?

- FM Radio.

It will only get over 9 hours if the 3.5mm is used. Bluetooth is thirsty use lol
No FM radio on the device.
Correct. I have tried mine with default SBC and aptx and sounds perfectly fine.

Jul 5, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #6,133 of 8,095

- FM Radio.

What about this devices?

You have decent cell phone with the OnePlus 5T.

I have no idea what those DAPs are like sorry.

My Shanling was from Aliexpress and I didn't pay customs charges.

Jul 5, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #6,134 of 8,095
It will only get over 9 hours if the 3.5mm is used. Bluetooth is thirsty use lol
No FM radio on the device.
Correct. I have tried mine with default SBC and aptx and sounds perfectly fine.

I see...
And this really cheap devices?
I'm more concerned about sound quality and present bass with good mids/vocals and great treble?

https://www.amazon.es/MYMAHDI-Repro...e_11901041_386397241_grep_deals_digest_pe_img

71dWddBH6CL._SL1200_.jpg

Jul 5, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #6,135 of 8,095
Hello has anybody got any info on ruizu d20,i have a a50 and like it very much.so i am wondering if this is just as good.it for sale on amazon for around 30 pounds. Thaks
I have the D20 and it is a good little dap, works very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back