Obscure Chinese DAPs
May 12, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #5,836 of 8,121
@zazaboy hmm i dont think its fair to compare the X9 to the Benjie X6 as the X9 has a dedicated CS4398 DAC, MAX97220A opamp and more power so soundwise i would say the X9 is better hands down from the short listening i have with the X6.

The X6 has an ATJ229R2 chip and LPA4890 amp. That's it. However its the UI that makes the experience different. Much more user friendly, shows more info (i havent tried the playlist function, if it works it will be dope). I really hope there is a firmware update as my experience with Benjie S5 is that the update made the sound better, maybe due to placebo effect but that was a long time ago.

The X9's sound profile did change after the firmware update though as i was forced to. The stock was alright, but after an update it became bassy and the volume was insanely loud (at step 1 it was beyond my hearing comfort). I found another update which is the one i am using now, where the sound profile lean towards brightish however i have an audible player now lol.

So i think both are good to have, but if u have to choose one the questions to ask urself are:
1) Do u want a good cheap player with great sound and insane battery life but can do with pretty horrible nagivation (Am pampered by the rockboxed Xduoo X3. Hell even the Zishan DSD has better UI); or
2) A good cheap player with great UI, good battery life(?) and decent sound.
PS: Both doesnt have gapless

Just to add, the Benjie X6 build feels solid but the X9 is built like a tank lol

@mbwilson111 its an iphone but idk which model it is xD probably a 5?

Thank you very much for your thoughts on the Benjie X6 so far. That UI looks pretty slick! Though, the one thing stopping me from putting the Benjie X6 on my list of DAPs to check out for sure is the question of whether or not it can play 24-bit 192kHz FLAC files - do you know? Basically every budget Benjie model (so, everything but the T6) can't, but with the new chip, things might've changed.

Oh yeah, and by "new chip", I'm referring to how the budget models all had an ATJ2127.

Last edited:
May 12, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #5,837 of 8,121
@SomeEntityThing hmm good question. I've converted my files to mp3 to fit into my 64gb sdcard as most dap doesnt have 2 sdcard slots (again, pampered by the Xduoo X3). Let me get back to u when i am home and i will try to see if it works. Hopefully it does but i wont put my money on it xD

Either way i think the shanling m0 works out pretty well for u and i think the form factor and batter life is great. The X6 is probably a sidegrade over the K8 imo

May 12, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #5,839 of 8,121
Does X6 support gapless playback?
No sir :c Marvin Gaye's what's going on album sound.. different? The gap is less than 0.5 sec but pretty audible, not the worst i've heard from a budget DAP xD Havent tried cue files though it should have similar results :thinking:

May 12, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #5,841 of 8,121
No sir :c Marvin Gaye's what's going on album sound.. different? The gap is less than 0.5 sec but pretty audible, not the worst i've heard from a budget DAP xD Havent tried cue files though it should have similar results :thinking:

If an album is meant to be seamless, any gap no matter how small will sound like a glitch. I only put those albums on DAPs that do support gapless play. Gapless also does not work with MP3s. In either case you can rip an album as all one file if you want.

May 12, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #5,842 of 8,121
If an album is meant to be seamless, any gap no matter how small will sound like a glitch. I only put those albums on DAPs that do support gapless play. Gapless also does not work with MP3s. In either case you can rip an album as all one file if you want.
Really? I havent tried mp3 files on my Xduoo X3 before, it was either wav or flac or cuesheet with flac sources. Cool, that's something new!

But yeah, ripping an album into one file is probably the best way to workaround.

May 13, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #5,844 of 8,121
A lot of these new player's suck you can't even amp too anything that sounds fun. Still the I9300 is unbeatable when it comes down too actually hearing high frquency's on a dac that dips into waves that's being heard. Not moving waves or dsp, but fun+speed.

May 14, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #5,845 of 8,121
TEMPTOTEC V1 just arrive yesterday, and i'm far from finish to play with it, there LOT of features and sound tweaking. BAttery life look great too. Touch screen is very responsive but its small too. Everything I plug in it work well. Bluetooth work perfect with Radsone ES100 too, will try with master&dynamic MW60 today.

To me its REALLY usefull, as I have multiple DAC-AMP to plug, so its like having a customizing DAP. Realy enjoy the portability with the Audirect BEAM:
P1010144.JPGP1010150.JPG P1010149.JPG

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #5,847 of 8,121
TEMPTOTEC V1 just arrive yesterday, and i'm far from finish to play with it, there LOT of features and sound tweaking. BAttery life look great too. Touch screen is very responsive but its small too. Everything I plug in it work well. Bluetooth work perfect with Radsone ES100 too, will try with master&dynamic MW60 today.

To me its REALLY usefull, as I have multiple DAC-AMP to plug, so its like having a customizing DAP. Realy enjoy the portability with the Audirect BEAM:

Excellent, I'm waiting on mine to arrive!

May 14, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #5,848 of 8,121
Does the tempotec v1 work with VE odyssey HD?
i think it should....but I do not have the VE odyssey. Anything I plug work find. It need a dac section, VE odyssey is suppose to have one as well as hidiz sonata HD etc....

May 14, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #5,849 of 8,121

A question: For quality sound at a not crazy price, need Parametric EQ, I guess using Rockbox???, what are some recommendations? X3, X3 ii ? Etc.
TIA

May 14, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #5,850 of 8,121
A question: For quality sound at a not crazy price, need Parametric EQ, I guess using Rockbox???, what are some recommendations? X3, X3 ii ? Etc.
TIA
hum, my first tough is RADSONE ES100....but its not a DAP...still, it have the best EQ i ever use. X3ii have 10 bands eq but do not sound good....in fact, most dap EQ tend to veil the sound and affect dynamic in a sad way IMO
V1 look to affect sound positively but I need to test more the different EQ and sound tweaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back