Obscure Chinese DAPs
Mar 26, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #4,621 of 8,123
Please let us know how it turns out. It'd be great if it really did have gapless. I like these small almost square form factor designs but the inexpensive ones end up being quite the let down between lack of features and awful implementation.

3 weeks and a day after purchasing, my Amoi C1 was finally delivered. Well almost. This is the first time this has happened of the ~20 things I’ve purchased from the Orient over the years. Dat handling fee tho…

11C7A315-07AB-40D5-BC58-2C3422505880.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #4,622 of 8,123
3 weeks and a day after purchasing, my Amoi C1 was finally delivered. Well almost. This is the first time this has happened of the ~20 things I’ve purchased from the Orient over the years. Dat handling fee tho…

What was the cost of the item and where did you order it? So far we have been lucky with things from Asia but have been hit hard with fees on Massdrop purchases from the States. Kind of wipes out the supposed savings. DHL has increased their handling fee to £11.

One time I had a twenty something dollar Ebay purchase sent from the States that came to £18 (only £2 more than the customs free limit). Royal Mail. I had to pay the £8 handling fee on top of a whopping 30 pence or so VAT. That turned my Ebay deal into not the great deal that I thought I was getting. Some vendors route packages through the Netherlands but you know what will happen to that after B**** happens. A couple of smaller USA vendors have routed things through Germany.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #4,623 of 8,123
What was the cost of the item and where did you order it? So far we have been lucky with things from Asia but have been hit hard with fees on Massdrop purchases from the States. Kind of wipes out the supposed savings.
DHL has increased their handling fee to £11. One time I had a twenty something dollar ebay purchase sent form the states that came to £18 (only £2 more than the customs free limit). Royal Mail. I had to pay the £8 handling fee on top of a whopping 30 pence or so VAT. That turned my ebay deal into not the great deal that I thought I was getting. Some vendors route packages through the Netherlands but you know what will happen to that after B**** happens. A couple of smaller USA vendors have routed things through Germany.

Yeah it's so annoying. My mate got some shorts from the US and the import duty and fees were more than the cost of the shorts and he refused to pay. It was from 'Go Along The Forest Store' on Aliexpress, shipped from Singapore but I guess I've got to pay because they honestly declared it's value, not the typical '$5 gift'? £36 for the player which has now become £50, had it been £50 from the start I probably wouldn't have purchased when I did and waited for the Ali sale and use some coupons.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #4,624 of 8,123
Haha you guys are lucky, were im from, if it isnt stolen buy customs, then it gets "lost" buy the post
Have to use express

Mar 26, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #4,626 of 8,123
Hey all,

I'm looking for a DAP no more expensive than $125 CAD with a solid battery life (>=15 hours), no scroll wheel, refined (non-buggy) firmware, that boasts a neutral, airy sound, the capability to play DSD 64/128 files (not necessary tho since 90% of my library is FLAC and I'm still iffy about whether or not I can actually hear a difference with such grand formats) and also comes bundled with a proprietary case/has a proprietary case available for separate purchase (I'm an unresponsible teenager who drops his gadgets more often than he'd like >_<).

With the AliExpress sale cutting down the price of the Aigo Moonlight Z6 from one seller to about $120 CAD, I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger on it, as it seems to tick all of the boxes I mentioned above (not to mention that its menu navigation is not done using physical buttons; my weird self prefers capacitive touch buttons lol). Does anyone here think it's still worth a buy even though it's been out for a while now (heck it even has a pro model which I can't afford atm even with the sale) and are there any alternatives that I should look at (the Hidizs AP60 II/Pro seem like good ones, though I missed the Massdrop drop for the latter)? I plan to pair the player primarily with my Tin Audio T2 IEMs and Superlux HD668b headphones.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!!
I'll just chime in with my seconding your thoughts about giving the Hidizs AP60 MKII a try. I was very pleasantly surprised by this. And by Hidizs themselves who seem to be aggressively pushing their products (not just this player). Not to the point its annoying just that you can tell they're proud of their products. I was impressed enough with mine I went with the Massdrop just to see how much better the improved audio chip would sound. That's not saying that the MKII sounded bad or anything.

Mar 26, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #4,627 of 8,123
Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #4,628 of 8,123
^^

Hidizs AP60 Pro is another good option. Too bad you missed the Massdrop. $80 price tag is insane with what you get. Can't wait to get mine in May 2018

If I hadn't recently purchased the AP-60 v.II, I would have jumped on the Pro. I'm curious to read what comparisons between these two yield.
The v.II is a fantastic leeetle unit. :L3000:

Mar 26, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #4,629 of 8,123
If I hadn't recently purchased the AP-60 v.II, I would have jumped on the Pro. I'm curious to read what comparisons between these two yield.
The v.II is a fantastic leeetle unit. :L3000:

I like my little AP60 mkII. I would not have jumped on the Massdrop one because it would not save me any money once customs fees are taking into consideration. We always get charged those with Massdrop purchases. Not worth it.

Mar 26, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #4,630 of 8,123
Received the Ruizu X22 today. This is the one that claims solar charging. I cannot say for absolute certainty whether it works or not, I will say that after two hours of playing that the battery appears to be fully charged.

Pros: Firmware fast and responsive. Sounds great, has a TON of power. EQ is simple yet seems to work well. I would say the sound compares very favorably to the Agptek Rocker that has become my favorite player over the last couple weeks. In fact I would say that sound-wise it is every bit the Rocker's equal. Solar charging appears to work at least to some degree. Looks like it should be very durable, made of hard plastic that seems very reinforced. Yet it also is very light.

Cons: Button setup is kind of awful. It's one of those things where you have to hit a "V" button before you can change the volume and you can only use right/left buttons to scroll through a menu grid. Firmware is not polished in its appearance although like I said before it is very responsive and quick. Album art is hit and miss, most are displayed correctly, but some are garbled, some only show the top half and others don't show up at all. I suspect there is a file size limitation here but none of my other 5-6 players have any problems displaying any of the album art from my library. Not a looker. The hard durable plastic has a cheapo looking appearance.

Verdict: Not bad if you are looking for a very good sounding player with great battery life and can get over the button mapping. I think I paid $24 US. Will it replace the Rocker or my Clip+? Absolutely not. But it'll be a good beater.

29634042_10156620856559271_1127419223_o.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #4,631 of 8,123
Received the Ruizu X22 today. This is the one that claims solar charging. I cannot say for absolute certainty whether it works or not, I will say that after two hours of playing that the battery appears to be fully charged.…
I remember when you mentioned this one a month ago. Went looking today. Only saw a white model with no mention of the solar charging capabilities. Good news is that its just $18 for the 4th anniversary sale if anyone wants to try one.

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #4,633 of 8,123
Looks like some good deals on the Zishan and Walnuts on the Aliexpress anniversary sale. Walnut f1 for $21 on one site and V2 for $30 on another.

Mar 27, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #4,634 of 8,123
Spent more time with the X22, updated to the Agptek firmware, which is a little easier on the eyes but functionally no different from what I can tell.

This player sounds really good, and I mean, REALLY, REALLY GOOD, and the battery life is great, I mean REALLY REALLY GREAT. It's a shame the control scheme is so wonky. I don't honestly think I'll be able to get used to that.

Mar 28, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #4,635 of 8,123
Hey all,

I'm looking for a DAP no more expensive than $125 CAD with a solid battery life (>=15 hours), no scroll wheel, refined (non-buggy) firmware, that boasts a neutral, airy sound, the capability to play DSD 64/128 files (not necessary tho since 90% of my library is FLAC and I'm still iffy about whether or not I can actually hear a difference with such grand formats) and also comes bundled with a proprietary case/has a proprietary case available for separate purchase (I'm an unresponsible teenager who drops his gadgets more often than he'd like >_<).

With the AliExpress sale cutting down the price of the Aigo Moonlight Z6 from one seller to about $120 CAD, I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger on it, as it seems to tick all of the boxes I mentioned above (not to mention that its menu navigation is not done using physical buttons; my weird self prefers capacitive touch buttons lol). Does anyone here think it's still worth a buy even though it's been out for a while now (heck it even has a pro model which I can't afford atm even with the sale) and are there any alternatives that I should look at (the Hidizs AP60 II/Pro seem like good ones, though I missed the Massdrop drop for the latter)? I plan to pair the player primarily with my Tin Audio T2 IEMs and Superlux HD668b headphones.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!!

I got it about week ago and I'm not super happy. The sound is ok but the firmware is far from smooth, with folder view only usable one.
It also struggles to play some of the higher quality files (despite the claims that it should).

I just pre-ordered Hiby R3, to replace this one.

P.S. It crashed (high pitch noise until turned off) as I was writing the above

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back