Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jan 12, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #4,231 of 8,123
I'm enjoying the F.Audio FA1. It sounds very good, does not cut off any music. I do not know if it is gapless as I have no gapless album on it yet. The card I put in it turned out to be fake so only have used internal memory so far. I love how solid this dap is, could be a great weapon

How is the song/folder navigation on that Fa1? I want try one out due to the dac type, but I have a large library (256gb sd card), so I'm worried about folder navigation

Jan 12, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #4,234 of 8,123
I don't speak Chinese but why is there a picture of a girl listening to headphones on her butt in the collage of images about the device? And I see it lists output at 10mW + 10mW (320 Ohms) and also shows in the chips used image a separate left and right amplifier. Does that mean that it has a balanced output? 30 hours output from a 1900mah battery seems pretty good too.

So I'll hope for someone to feel daring too.

Can't wait to hear more about the Hidizs AP60 mkii also. That one seems promising.

Jan 12, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #4,235 of 8,123
I'm enjoying the F.Audio FA1. It sounds very good, does not cut off any music. I do not know if it is gapless as I have no gapless album on it yet. The card I put in it turned out to be fake so only have used internal memory so far. I love how solid this dap is, could be a great weapon
how do you compare it against paw 5000 mkii? since I sold my first gen, considering newer one again.. thanks in advance..

Jan 12, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #4,236 of 8,123
I don't speak Chinese but why is there a picture of a girl listening to headphones on her butt in the collage of images about the device?
Omg thats supposed to be a baby bulge in the woman's womb LOL. It says for listening educational purposes HAHAHA

Jan 12, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #4,237 of 8,123

Great to hear that you managed to resolve the issue with the card, and enjoying the unit now. I never have issue with card on the FA1. (The Sony ZX300 is more fussy when it comes to the card used.)

I think there is a very short gap (maybe half a sec) between tracks, so not true gapless.

Jan 13, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #4,238 of 8,123
how do you compare it against paw 5000 mkii? since I sold my first gen, considering newer one again.. thanks in advance..
I think I prefer the sound from the Lotoo Paw 5000 mkii a little more but as I have only had the FA1 for a couple of days I think it could do with a little burn in.

Jan 13, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #4,239 of 8,123
Jan 13, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #4,241 of 8,123
Important update about my Ruizu A50... I updated the firmware to the newest version, and now plays Jean Michel Jarre's Equinoxe and anything else flawlessly! So it was sold with corrupted old FW, I suppose. Damn, I ordered already F audio S1 to replace Ruizu... ok, one more DAP in my collection!

Jan 13, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #4,242 of 8,123
Hi am new here... I encountered a huge issue with my new Ruizu A50, one week old.

The firmware is V1.101.10, maybe an upgrade will solve this? Or is my unit somehow defective?

Important update about my Ruizu A50... I updated the firmware to the newest version, and now plays Jean Michel Jarre's Equinoxe and anything else flawlessly! So it was sold with corrupted old FW, I suppose…

Out of curiosity, what is the version of the newer firmware that you are using and where did you get it?

Jan 13, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #4,243 of 8,123
Out of curiosity, what is the version of the newer firmware that you are using and where did you get it?
DELTECDPA SAID:

The info page in "settings" now shows "V101" Before it showed "V1.101.10" (both in Italian language)

https://pan.baidu.com/s/1pLhvF3X
I got it here, following suggestion found in the thread Ruizu A50 HD anyone knows anything about... page 4
To tell the truth, not sure if this is the newest version, but it works!
Sure it's not the same, as the UI is changed

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #4,244 of 8,123
No problems with build quality etc? I heard the down button did not work on several other peoples.

Jan 14, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #4,245 of 8,123
Regarding the Hidizs AP-60.
I upgraded the firmware from stock 1.0, to 1.1. Easily done. Fast, great display showing progress of update. Checking on the device, it says '1.11-Beta', but on the site it's listed as 1.1 (not Beta). The are two Beta updates available, one ads Thai to the languages, the other ads something else I didn't need, so I just went with the non-beta one... so I thought. No matter, piece of cake! And it ads a great feature... a clock display (12 or 24h) while in standby screen-lock mode. It also shows battery level and volume. Great update!

So... the sound on IEM's is what I'm focusing on, because, well... it's mainly for workouts. And so far, with the three IEM's I've used; Westone W4, (Original) Brainwavz B2, and Q-Jays, this little thing rocks!!
The W4 is a great IEM for this device. As it's slightly rolled-off in the highs, it puts a bit of 'warmth' to the AP-60, which it can use for some music and applications. The Q-Jays and B2 can be considered shrill (by some), and so the slight sterility of the AP-60 can come off as strident... but it's not an issue for me.
The AP-60 has an analytical sound, but it's not harsh. Very detailed and quick. Cool, but not cold, and as I said, somewhat sterile. It actually comes off as being very neutral... though not warm and 'natural'. It greatly benefits from well recorded, high-res music. MP3's (which I rarely listen to) can be revealed for what they are; annoyingly artifact-prone.
But high-res files are wonderfully detailed and seem 'true to the source', without obvious coloring. I don't get the depth and spatial separation that I do with my dual-DAC DAP's, but I didn't expect that. But it has great detail, and the neutrality can be easily modified and customized with the EQ (which comes with several pre-sets). As an aside, I usually avoid EQ, especially pre-sets, so you'll rarely hear me opine on them. For me, there has been no reason to require an EQ adjustment on anything I've listened to so far.

The UI is intuitive and straight-forward. There is an operating manual which is actually helpful...! It comes with a couple screen protectors (one is already on it), which I find odd, being that it's not a touch-screen, and there is a clip-on back and side protector. It also comes with a micro USB cable, a few other cards and QC inspection tag. Class.

I really couldn't be happier (well... if it had a clip, I'd be ecstatic!). Really a sweet, well-made little device. High quality design and construction, with a well thought out UI. And it sounds great...! True gapless. (I haven't listened to enough random / shuffle play to address a question earlier, but all in good time).

Cheers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back