Obscure Chinese DAPs
Dec 31, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #4,067 of 8,095
26112166_1690882240931920_8428377884849396988_n.jpg

FA1 really really OBSESS me rightnow...never been so eager to try a DAP in my life! Tuesday is the day, as my attempt is enormous about sound and only sound, well, I will be perhaps too severe but we will see! This guy compare it with the stupidely too expensive 4000$ AK SP1000 DAP and FA1 do not really look to be far from him in term of sound quality (from what I read). Ak surely have more amping and better soundstage and smooter separation cause it use 2 AK4497EQ...but hell, price can't be justify whatsoever and this player is just praise by people that do not care about price value and take money bath every day. Hope I can listen to both and do a very honnest comparaison, cause I can imagine one thing: if I pay 4000$ for a DAP I want it first: to have a life warranty and life durability as well as changeable battery or ultimately long battery life, 2-SUPREME sound quality with sound filter that permit to have different soundsignature or a top of the line EQ, 3-at least 128G of internal memory as well as 2 microsd slot, android based touchscreen with total freedom of apps, changeable ampin module INCLUDE with the DAP, well, in other word 4000$ should buy a miracle, not a normal high end DAP.

Dec 31, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #4,068 of 8,095
FA1 really really OBSESS me rightnow...never been so eager to try a DAP in my life! Tuesday is the day, as my attempt is enormous about sound and only sound, well, I will be perhaps too severe but we will see! This guy compare it with the stupidely too expensive 4000$ AK SP1000 DAP and FA1 do not really look to be far from him in term of sound quality (from what I read). Ak surely have more amping and better soundstage and smooter separation cause it use 2 AK4497EQ...but hell, price can't be justify whatsoever and this player is just praise by people that do not care about price value and take money bath every day. Hope I can listen to both and do a very honnest comparaison, cause I can imagine one thing: if I pay 4000$ for a DAP I want it first: to have a life warranty and life durability as well as changeable battery or ultimately long battery life, 2-SUPREME sound quality with sound filter that permit to have different soundsignature or a top of the line EQ, 3-at least 128G of internal memory as well as 2 microsd slot, android based touchscreen with total freedom of apps, changeable ampin module INCLUDE with the DAP, well, in other word 4000$ should buy a miracle, not a normal high end DAP.

I did compare the FA1 to my friend's Ultima. While the Ultimate is better in many aspects (e.g., screen, power, responsiveness, bass texture, details), I feel that the FA1 has the same sound signature and I cannot justify the >10 times difference in price based on what I heard.

Looking forward to what everyone else's comments after they get to compare.

Jan 1, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #4,069 of 8,095
26112166_1690882240931920_8428377884849396988_n.jpg

Just curious what the dap to the right of the cayin n5II (which I'm very interested in right now!) is please?

Jan 1, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #4,070 of 8,095
does anybody know anything about the AGPtek H3? just noticed it on Amazon and something about it looks familiar, but I can't find any mentions of it on Head-Fi DAP discussion.

AGPtek H3
  • $130 / £99 / €115
specs claim:
  • 94 × 56 ×15 mm
  • 256GB microSD support, up to 14999 songs
  • 22-24 hrs playback at medium volume
  • 8-10 hrs playback via bluetooth
  • Hiby Link
  • Texas Instruments PCM5102 DAC
  • scroll wheel and independent volume buttons
product pages at Amazon:

I guess the inevitable questions are going to be: does it support proper gapless playback? are there any UI or playback issues? does it actually sound decent?

I bought it after I saw your post. It came on Saturday, i didn't spent too much time with it.
Until now I can say that Gapless Playback, USB DAC and Hiby works as it should. I like the sound, its neutral and detailed (imo). Ui and navigation is intuitive.

Jan 1, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #4,071 of 8,095
Hmmm... after reading many good feedbacks about Xunsound xs01 I will order one soon, from Penon because Aliexpress does not have opamp options... (guess is default opa604 installed, probably) I would upgrade to opa627 to get the best already. I read about a "customized" one available, claiming to be "better than opa627 at same price" but I feel reluctant to opt for it, maybe less reliable... xs01 would replace the xuelin 770c, nice sounding but lacking bass and sub-bass impact (EQ settings does not help, and I prefer to set EQ off) and I prefer buttons than touch keys.

Jan 1, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #4,074 of 8,095
Useful first feedback, thanks :) It sounds like it might tick a lot of boxes for me, if the playback time was longer it could be near perfect, but ~20 hrs is more useful than the 8-12 hrs that so many other players are limited to.
Later this week i can tell you how long it really runs.
Wonder if it has any bookmark features for audiobooks/podcasts?
What is a bookmark feature?
You mark songs too a fav list.

I really like this "M" button, its for quick options while playing a song without leaving the play menu.
I think it wasnt in the description but in the box was a 16GB SanDisk Flashcard.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #4,075 of 8,095
Later this week i can tell you how long it really runs.

What is a bookmark feature?
You mark songs too a fav list.

I really like this "M" button, its for quick options while playing a song without leaving the play menu.
I think it wasnt in the description but in the box was a 16GB SanDisk Flashcard.
Basically it remembers where a file got to. You listen to a file, move away from it too listen to something else and then go back to it. More useful for podcasts and audiobooks than music.

Thanks

Jan 1, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #4,076 of 8,095
Jan 1, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #4,077 of 8,095
Anybody order a ZISHAN Z3 yet???
Look like a very promising budget DAP....

Jan 1, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #4,079 of 8,095
I did compare the FA1 to my friend's Ultima. While the Ultimate is better in many aspects (e.g., screen, power, responsiveness, bass texture, details), I feel that the FA1 has the same sound signature and I cannot justify the >10 times difference in price based on what I heard.

Looking forward to what everyone else's comments after they get to compare.
Your so reassuring, thanks! I hope your not a lobby ofr Faudio tough:wink:
You confirm all my hope, I have no illusion about what 260$ can buy, but I know 3500$ can buy very absurd aspect....like piece of decorative gold or diamond on stupid products to make it ''worth'' ultimate high price. As the AK use Dual Dac, it sure give more complexity in sound, but if the soundsignature of this flagship dac is well complemented by implementation, this can create a sound value miracle. Oh, and we do not need a wheelbarrow to transport the FA1, it fit in a pocket comparatively to ultra big Ultima. I question the Porta_fi russian guy that review lot of DAP about the Ultima and he say its absurdly too pricey, but as he is rich (from what he say) its not a real problem for him.

2018 is the FA1 year, I will receive it this week. I just hope that it will not have any QC or construction problem.

Jan 1, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #4,080 of 8,095

I fancy this.
I have a z2 but find the headlessness infuriating.
The reason that I'm not going to get it is the lack of a card reader.
I like to play then delete and put new music on so usb connectivity is very important.
I love the sound of the z2 but need a screen and proper usb connectivity if I can't delete on the device.
I listen to podcasts and radio programmes mostly so bookmarking is also very helpful if I am to listen to podcasts in the car and music at work.

Other than that I'm very intrigued by the f,audio s1
It,s about the same price.

Does the hive mind have any opinions on this player?

Chas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back