Obscure Chinese DAPs
May 4, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #2,776 of 8,123
Thanks crab. One more question can another firmware be used to get more functions? I've seen other threads where they can use firmware from another player that has the same UI. Just curious.
I think you're referring to the Benjie T6/Rocker. The firmware versions for those are interchangeable because the hardware is identical. There's also a Rockbox port in progress for that player too.

But for the IQQ I can't see an option to upgrade the firmware so not sure if it's possible.

May 4, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #2,778 of 8,123
Last edited:
May 6, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #2,779 of 8,123
Hi all! Does anyone have an Aigo Z6 ?

what is the best firmware to use? i try the last available (z6_20170105A.nfg), but it's always unstable :

* most of times, popup appears "TF Card Removed"
* when i play a sound, sometimes it stop playing and only volume , ON/OFF works
* When try to read FLAC 24 Bit 192 kHz, sound is jerky, not usable.
* DAC is limited to 16 Bit 48 kHz
* Really difficult to select DAC/Mass Storage/Charge when USB plugged
* Mass Storage dont work (it tries but without success)

To be quick, it's absolutely unstable product, with firmware z6_20170105A.nfg (2017-01-04A). Better than with firmware 2016-08-02A but not usable everyday.

May 6, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #2,780 of 8,123
Did you try to install the one before the update? Then try to reinstall the update? Maybe something went wrong with the update. I'd try again. Got a link to where you got the firmware?

May 6, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #2,781 of 8,123
That is strange, I came on here just now to ask about the Aigo Z6 firmware, as mine arrived today and it's a nightmare, totally unplayable and not sure if it's broken.

It updates files at every switch on, and with a large SD card that's a ten minute job...and then it wont play files held in folders. I can only get it to play stuff held directly on the root folder, so literally the SD I have set up for my Walnut is all that works.

It's also frozen quite a few times already requiring a hard reboot :frowning2:

Link to ANY firmware update to try would be appreciated!!

Currently says firmware version 1.00 2016-08-02A

Last edited:
May 6, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #2,783 of 8,123
That is strange, I came on here just now to ask about the Aigo Z6 firmware, as mine arrived today and it's a nightmare, totally unplayable and not sure if it's broken.

It updates files at every switch on, and with a large SD card that's a ten minute job...and then it wont play files held in folders. I can only get it to play stuff held directly on the root folder, so literally the SD I have set up for my Walnut is all that works.

It's also frozen quite a few times already requiring a hard reboot :frowning2:

Link to ANY firmware update to try would be appreciated!!

Currently says firmware version 1.00 2016-08-02A

Try this link - http://www.huaqidigital.com/xzzq

Just confirm that its the Z6 firmware before you go ahead with the installation. The link showed up on my google search.

May 6, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #2,786 of 8,123
Hmmm... Can now at least see my files, but they wont play, states file type not supported (mp3 files!).

It sounds fine, pretty nice actually for what I can get to play (WAV files, that is, not those obscure mp3 things!) but for a £100 DAP with a screen its not great that I'm struggling to get the level of functionality I get from the Walnut v2 and Zishan Z1, screenless DAPs at 1/4 the price.

May 7, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #2,787 of 8,123
@clbrk and @To.M , with the latest firmware, are you finding:
- mp3 format not supported?
- full recompiling of track list at every switch on
- no display of cover art, ever (I must admit, I just assumed it would)
- to pause, have to go up to top menu, find music playback and go in to that screen, else pause/play button acts only to restart track

Thanks both.

It seems such a shame a nice looking and sounding player like this is let down by the most atrocious firmware.

As it stands I'd say, anybody considering the Aigo Z6, avoid :frowning2:

Last edited:
May 7, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #2,788 of 8,123
I use the software version: 2017-01-04A and I have no problems with mp3 files, add just one song more to avoid recompiling all the files on your card, I can use the middle button to pause songs, my settings:

system setup > key operation mode > mode2

To turn off back-lit buttons:

music setup > notify light on screen saving > disable

As for cover art, I have never tested it as I don't care about that.

May 7, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #2,789 of 8,123
@flamesofarctica
- no problems for MP3 playing
- full recompiling of track list at every switch on => not for me
- no display of cover art, ever (I must admit, I just assumed it would) => no cover also
- to pause, have to go up to top menu, find music playback and go in to that screen, else pause/play button acts only to restart track => also for me but i set my Z6 like To.M, and now Play/Pause works everywhere.

My Z6 received is a little faulty : i had to press and glue touch surface on right side and middle to have better touch sensitivity for ">". And clean TF card port to bypass popup "TF Card Removed".

@To.M : thank you very much for your settings! i will try that to see if this can give more stability to my Z6.
- What do you mean with "Z6 needs a solid burn-in" ? it's curious because as i see now, after few hours of use (4h if i add all), my Z6 is more stable, to play songs. For the moment, i dont encounter freezes, or need to hard-restart it (ON/OFF button and Vol +) as it was in first hours of use.

His sound is very good, detailed, and we can feel his huge power (i try GMP450 300 ohm, i'm at 108 volume and it's very good, 160 is max).

I hope that Aigo will produce a more stable firmware and enable 24Bit / 196kHz USB DAC functionality.a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back