Obscure Chinese DAPs
Oct 28, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #7,246 of 8,122
I'm glad to read that, if I go for M3K at least I can buy from that store and save some money.

Of the daps you're interested in, I have only used M3K. It was my very first DAP. I'm still loving it. In fact, my wife is using it now, and she loves it as well. The sound is very transparent. Battery life is superb.

Oct 28, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #7,247 of 8,122
The sale items aren't that great on this 11.11 anyway
Edit: I checked the sale price for Tempotec V1-A and it will be 86$ and a month ago I have bought it for 68$ so even with coupons the sale price this time is meh.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #7,248 of 8,122
Of the daps you're interested in, I have only used M3K. It was my very first DAP. I'm still loving it. In fact, my wife is using it now, and she loves it as well. The sound is very transparent. Battery life is superb.
Thanks for reply, I believe I will for M3K as it has good reviews and it's the only low price DAP with good sound quality and functionality that are enough for me. JWM 115 have better UI and UX but I'm skeptical about it's DAC RK3308G, I don't know how good that sounds but I'm sure M3K's AK4376A is a decent DAC. thanks

Oct 28, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #7,249 of 8,122
The sale items aren't that great on this 11.11 anyway
Edit: I checked the sale price for Tempotec V1-A and it will be 86$ and a month ago I have bought it for 68$ so even with coupons the sale price this time is meh.
Totally agree with you, I don't see much discount as well. I searched a lot of DAP today (in 11.11 sale) and it's just $2-5 discount.

Oct 28, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #7,250 of 8,122
I have both M3K and the Tempotec V1-A and I prefer the M3K which I use all the time. Actually I have two M3Ks one of which is Rockboxed.

The Tempotec has all sorts of settings and features and it’s an amazing device but I find the M3K easier and faster to use and I don’t use Custom EQ so most of the Tempotec settings are of no use to me.

If I do a blind test I can’t hear any difference between the two except that the M3K will go louder. I also like the longer battery life on the M3K which is important to me.

Oct 28, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #7,251 of 8,122
I have both M3K and the Tempotec V1-A and I prefer the M3K which I use all the time. Actually I have two M3Ks one of which is Rockboxed.

The Tempotec has all sorts of settings and features and it’s an amazing device but I find the M3K easier and faster to use and I don’t use Custom EQ so most of the Tempotec settings are of no use to me.

If I do a blind test I can’t hear any difference between the two except that the M3K will go louder. I also like the longer battery life on the M3K which is important to me.
Nice to know that, thanks
I don't know nothing about Roxbox, There's a video on youtube about installing a rockbox in M3K but I never view that, I guess I'll check it out today.

Oct 28, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #7,252 of 8,122
Thinking of grabbing a transport for use with external dac in 11-11 sales. Have seen tempotec V1. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Oct 28, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #7,253 of 8,122
Thinking of grabbing a transport for use with external dac in 11-11 sales. Have seen tempotec V1. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

U can read about the Shanling Q1. I got it at $91 USD the last sales, should be thereabouts with coupon stacking.

2 way BT, can be a DAC. 20+ hour battery life, good UI, good sound. No frills. Shanling keeps updating it with patches too, the last patch gave WIFI support.

Oct 28, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #7,254 of 8,122
If you only will use it as a transport I think it is a great option, you can stick 2 512gb cards in it, works like a charm 😃

Oct 28, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #7,256 of 8,122
I got a question:
Fiio released a firmware for M3K some time ago with 3 custom EQ options, are these custom EQs preset/fixed or you can move the sliders up and down to your liking?
The latest Update introduced the facility to create three custom EQ settings. You can set your own levels in five bands. Once set they remain and you can swap between them. The original settings of “Pop”, “Vocal” etc remain. Once selected the UI slows down but I don’t use EQ so that doesn’t worry me.

Oct 28, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #7,257 of 8,122
U can read about the Shanling Q1. I got it at $91 USD the last sales, should be thereabouts with coupon stacking.

2 way BT, can be a DAC. 20+ hour battery life, good UI, good sound. No frills. Shanling keeps updating it with patches too, the last patch gave WIFI support.
Thanks, does the wifi patch mean that it is possible to stream to it from my phone using an app like Bubbleupnp?

I'm fairly new to Ali. Need to get my head around coupon stacking to maximize discounts.

Oct 28, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #7,258 of 8,122
Thanks, does the wifi patch mean that it is possible to stream to it from my phone using an app like Bubbleupnp?

I'm fairly new to Ali. Need to get my head around coupon stacking to maximize discounts.

It can't stream via WIFI unfortunately.

Oct 29, 2020 at 2:46 AM Post #7,259 of 8,122
The latest Update introduced the facility to create three custom EQ settings. You can set your own levels in five bands. Once set they remain and you can swap between them. The original settings of “Pop”, “Vocal” etc remain. Once selected the UI slows down but I don’t use EQ so that doesn’t worry me.
Thanks for reply, that's exactly what I wanted to know

Oct 29, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #7,260 of 8,122
Dear members!Unfortunately i dont have the budget for hiby r3 pro saber.So I am considering to buy a shanling q1 or a hiby r2.Mainly i listen to tidal, and some flac music. So will be better sound on r2 with direct stream, or q1 can handle it via BT with my phone. Can You please help to choose? Is the sound quality from q1 so much better on flac music that i should give up direct tidal stream from r2? That will be my first dap. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back