Obscure Chinese DAPs
Oct 23, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #6,676 of 8,123
i just received my Acmee MF-01 along with a couple of Walnut V2s's.

I opened up the walnut to op amp roll them to an OPA 627 on a browndog and the LME49720NA but the op amp looks soldered and not removeable like on the Z3.
I though the Walnut were designed for op amp rolling like the zishans? Did I get the wrong model?

Also the Acmee doesn't seem to like any of my cards even though they are all formatted in FAT32. I can't find any specs on the card reader but i assumed like with all the other chifi DAPs you needed FAT32. It's just a #@ and 64 GB card from sandisk. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I really want to give a listen to this device with the Muse02

Works perfectly with FAT32, I use a 128GB card without problems. But remember you can only use one folder level!

Oct 23, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #6,677 of 8,123
Works perfectly with FAT32, I use a 128GB card without problems. But remember you can only use one folder level!

what battery and where did you find it to upgrade your Zishan Z3?
I upgraded my Z3 with a Burson V5i and might try a Muse02 so beefing up the battery might be called for
I found this on Ali but I'm not sure if its the one you found
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32828290043.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.2e192e0eCX8w4c
There were issues with polarity with the batteries some here were trying to put into their Revamp Acoustics Nuansa DAPs

as far as the ACMEE MF-01...
by one folder you mean each artist/album has their own folder containing all their tracks right?
Not one folder containing all artists and tracks together?

I'm gonna try a 128 microSD as all my FAT32's aren't being recognized it says no card

I like the feel of this thing
It's chunky but feels way better in the hand than the sharp edged Zishan DSD or QNGEE X2
The ergonomic were kind of well thought out. Chunky but comfy
The UI is a little dated but no it's worse than the Zishans
And even though the Zishan Z3 is only about 3/4 the size of the MF-01, I prefer the "feel" of the ACMEE over the Zishan.

Also the Walnut V2s I got with the ACMEE was a suprising earful. Pretty powerful as I ran my Mass Drop 58X headphones on it this morning also my Ty HI-Z 150Pros were a good match. If I can op amp uograde a couple Walnuts and Z3s with an LME49720 or AD825 or OPA637 and include the HE 150Pros in the case. It should make a great holiday gift for family and friends.

Oct 24, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #6,679 of 8,123
what battery and where did you find it to upgrade your Zishan Z3?
I upgraded my Z3 with a Burson V5i and might try a Muse02 so beefing up the battery might be called for
I found this on Ali but I'm not sure if its the one you found
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32828290043.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.2e192e0eCX8w4c
There were issues with polarity with the batteries some here were trying to put into their Revamp Acoustics Nuansa DAPs

as far as the ACMEE MF-01...
by one folder you mean each artist/album has their own folder containing all their tracks right?
Not one folder containing all artists and tracks together?

I'm gonna try a 128 microSD as all my FAT32's aren't being recognized it says no card

I like the feel of this thing
It's chunky but feels way better in the hand than the sharp edged Zishan DSD or QNGEE X2
The ergonomic were kind of well thought out. Chunky but comfy
The UI is a little dated but no it's worse than the Zishans
And even though the Zishan Z3 is only about 3/4 the size of the MF-01, I prefer the "feel" of the ACMEE over the Zishan.

Also the Walnut V2s I got with the ACMEE was a suprising earful. Pretty powerful as I ran my Mass Drop 58X headphones on it this morning also my Ty HI-Z 150Pros were a good match. If I can op amp uograde a couple Walnuts and Z3s with an LME49720 or AD825 or OPA637 and include the HE 150Pros in the case. It should make a great holiday gift for family and friends.

Battery:

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32828290043.html

Just one folder, you can't create another folder inside. If you do something like "K:\Artist\Album\file.mp3", it won't work.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #6,681 of 8,123
can you compare acmee sound with mid tiear daps like fiio x5iii, i was use x5iii with Audiosense T800 was really god combo . Now looking for more simple device and like warm daps. Do you recommend ?

I'm a poor man, I don't have DAPs as expensive as the X5III.
Tempotec V1-A, ACMEE MF-01 or xDuoo X3II can meet your needs. You can read reviews about all three to clarify your ideas.

Oct 25, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #6,682 of 8,123
Oct 25, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #6,683 of 8,123
I'm a poor man, I don't have DAPs as expensive as the X5III.
Tempotec V1-A, ACMEE MF-01 or xDuoo X3II can meet your needs. You can read reviews about all three to clarify your ideas.

You can buy a X5III instead of 3 budget Dap :D . Thanks for reply of course. Acmee looks good but i like touchscreen, search music whatever i want .Anyway Acmee looks pretty and if SQ better than X5 i can choose it. How is the signature for you ? Warm, i dont like treble fatigue actually.

Oct 25, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #6,684 of 8,123
If you like the touch screen buy the Tempotec V1-A. For me it sounds a little worse than ACMEE, but the handling is incredible, it has infinite options. It doesn't have much power, 1V, but the battery lasts a long time. And yet the xDuoo X3II is still a great DAP for its price, if you want something very good in sound, with a fairly good handling. As I say, all have advantages, all have defects, you have to decide what we prefer.

Oct 25, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #6,685 of 8,123
If you like the touch screen buy the Tempotec V1-A. For me it sounds a little worse than ACMEE, but the handling is incredible, it has infinite options. It doesn't have much power, 1V, but the battery lasts a long time. And yet the xDuoo X3II is still a great DAP for its price, if you want something very good in sound, with a fairly good handling. As I say, all have advantages, all have defects, you have to decide what we prefer.

Thanks for help. Probably FİİO is safer choice for me.

Oct 25, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #6,686 of 8,123
https://ap80pro.hidizs.net/

Wow look at that size and it has a balanced 2,5mm....wonder how much it costs

Someone said that AP80PRO would be "under $199". It will be introduced via kickstarter if I remember correctly; Could be lower price there.
Don't know how they fit the 2nd DAC/Amp, and 2nd headphone jack, into the same size as original Hidizs AP80. Wonder what battery life will be running balanced headphones...

Oct 25, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #6,687 of 8,123
Someone said that AP80PRO would be "under $199". It will be introduced via kickstarter if I remember correctly; Could be lower price there.
Don't know how they fit the 2nd DAC/Amp, and 2nd headphone jack, into the same size as original Hidizs AP80. Wonder what battery life will be running balanced headphones...
Sounds like a tough rival for the shanling m2x if it is under 199 usd

Oct 25, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #6,688 of 8,123

It's a little bit bigger than original AP80, I guess that's how they were able to fit everything inside.

Oct 25, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #6,689 of 8,123
Regarding Fiio
my first real DAP was the FIIO X3 gen1, I then upgraded to a gen2 but eventually left Fiio for the Plenue D for battery life, size and U/I. I also tried the whole ecosystem worlds of Microsoft Zen/Windows/Windows phone route and Apple iPod/iPad/iPhone route but gave them all up for a LG V30 and its built in DAC amp thinking I would pursue the one device goal. But in the end, the inexpensive chifi stuff brought me right back to my days using creative zens as my portable sound source. Its probably due to my boomer mentality, but I'd rather have a butt ugly device with the best sound. simplest and fastest UI.(which is why the Tera intrigues me) than a beautiful expensive device that's just another computer for me to learn how to use. My portable music origins were in the original walkmans and minidiscs (which I still have and use BTW). I grew up using buttons and tactile controls and seeing dirty oily fingerprints all over my devices make me cringe. I also hate having to charge everything. I'd rather just pop in a lithium or rechargeable AA/AAA battery and get 4-6 hours than having to think about charging downtime. With all the horsepower they are putting in these things, I can't understand why they aren't as smart as some of the apps and streaming services that have been available for ages which can automatically tailor a playlist for you just by knowing the genre of the songs you listen too the most. It's already available on Alexa and other similar services. No need to spend the time creating digital mix tapes and struggling to get them loaded to your device. If they can spend the cost and effort to put android on these things they can do better. I haven't found a way to do this digitally yet, but the reason I've kept my MD's is because I can pick a genre like smooth jazz, soundscapes, light classical, or 70's rock and record 5 hours of continuous music right off the SPDF output of my cable box onto a single minidisc. I can have a library of these in all types of genre and just plug one into a portable player and I'm good for most of the day. All on one double A that I can instantly change when the power runs out. Sure the sound at those recording times will never be as good as digital, but why no one can duplicate this ease of use feature in today's modern equipment is beyond me. The closest I'm come across are the streaming services like Tidal, Qobuz and others. But you don't have wifi you're out of luck. And less than half of the DAPs out there have streaming and offline storage built in. You would think someone would just figure a way to repurpose all those old android phones with some type of add-on component to create high powered DAP.

Oct 26, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #6,690 of 8,123
My Ziku HD-X10 has arrived! I hope to give you my thoughts soon. Yay!

1st Impressions: Very nice. The detail and clarity is professional and well done. It sounds more complete than my Zishan Z1. It sounds light years better then my Z3. The UI is fantastic and so easy to use.

Only problems: clicky buttons, semi-loud click when selecting a song/album (much quieter than a Zishan tho) and it's twice as heavy as it should be.

This is not a Spring/Summer portable dap because of it's weight. It's meant for a purse or jacket.

PS: I will no longer listen to my Zishan (Z1/Z3) and Walnut DAP's (V2S/F2). I will give them away. This X10 is a budget game changer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back