1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Obscure Chinese DAPs

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by pekingduck, May 26, 2014.
First

Back
431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440
442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451
Next

Last
  1. Themilkman46290
    That "impact" is much less noticeable on the ak4490 version, and was almost completely absent in the ak4495 version, makes me sad I didn't grab it, I was waiting on the t1 and it's no longer sold and the t1 ended up being a bit disappointing, I don't have it but the reviews seem to be 50/50

2. LaughMoreDaily
    Don't be sad, mister. There is no reason to be loyal if they don't know how to make a good music player. :)

cqtek likes this.
  3. oneula
    I think this year for christmas I'll be giving away to close friends and co-workers that are into music,
    op amp upgraded Zishan Z3's and Walnut V2s's with modded KSC75s, Monk Plus's or KZ IEMs
    Be nice to show more folks there's better musicality out there at very reasonable prices other than those giant white or red gold trimmed headphones on their heads.

JackFlash likes this.
  4. Themilkman46290
    But they look sexy, and the specs seem like they should be good.... Too bad, for now my 2 zishan dsds are still great

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  5. LaughMoreDaily
    Too bad you didn't get the DSD with the knob. :frowning2:

NotKunvinced and Themilkman46290 like this.
  6. LaughMoreDaily
    I ordered the Ziku HD x10 DAP.

One reviewer said the x9 wasn't much better than his XDuo X2 so I chose the newer revision as it has a changeable opamp too.

baskingshark likes this.
  7. baskingshark
    U didn't wait till 11/11?

superuser1 likes this.
  8. Asakurai
    Just sharing one of my latest Obscure Chinese DAPs

BLKEJI L2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

it has 2 Circuit board, one for digital and one for analog (like Zishan DSD), i choose the one with AK4497 DAC, AD8620BR as Gain OPAMP, while there is LME49720NA for LPF (I changed to LME49860NA now, in pic i use Muses02)

First Impression: UI while not perfect, it's fast, less than 3 secs to boot up and ready to play music! why not perfect? it still couldn't play Flac 24 bit, lot of pop noises (builder already know the problem and will update the firmware in the future), but another format is playing just fine (especially DSD is great for this player). Lifetime around 10 hours per cycle with 3 hours charging time, which is good enough
    Soundwise.... have you tried Cayin N5? yes that midcentric DAP, this one also one of those midcentric DAP, it has gorgeous musical midrange, there is treble roll-off which is because of the tuning is aiming for long listening session, and the bass also has a bit roll-off and it placed a bit behind than usual. it's rich, smooth and detailed, definitely not aggresive though

Against Zishan DSD4497, BLKEJI L2 is flatter and smoother while Zishan more energetic, technical wise BLKEJI is better, BLKEJI has better micro detail, bit better soundstage and more engaging midrange
    Against F Audio FA2, FA2 clearly has better extension both ways, it's cleaner, and wider soundstage, BUT for midrange BLKEJI once again is better, really engaging... it's like FA2 is better for orchestra, classical or acoustics.. and blkeji is better for vocal and jazz

Link taobao : https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=584795097581&spm=1101.1101.N.N.8be4f2a

9. Themilkman46290
    I been
    Wondering about that, but don't like the roll off....but looks like a better version of the zishan

10. LaughMoreDaily
    To save $10 on the Ziku HD-X10? Not worth the wait. Larger savings need to be had.

baskingshark likes this.
  11. ponyhead
    How do you guys discover these obscure daps? Do you periodically search for generic terms on Taobao and Ali?

This thread continues to deliver! I'd have never found that on my own. "BLKEJI" lol it's like their names are chosen by a monkey at a keyboard. Inevitably there will be a dap called the TOBEORNOTTOBE

12. mbwilson111
    That would be easier to remember:)

superuser1 likes this.
  13. baskingshark
    3d92ya.jpg

14. Asakurai
    well for the start you can use those magic word such as "HIFI 便携播放器" which mean HIFI Portable Player, or just type HIFI combined with AK4497 or some random DAC
    i also get another DAC which is great for the price, later will give some impression when i'm not that busy

15. LaughMoreDaily
    I don't really need anything else. Just wants. No needs. :frowning2:

First

Back
431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440
442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451
Next

Last