Obscure Chinese DAPs
May 30, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #4,861 of 8,121
@cqtek made me curious about output impedance... so I get a multimeter and tried, here is what I found on my DAPs
(1Khz sine tone, tolerance +/- 0.2 - 0.3... is a cheap multimeter)

Ruizu A50 - 1ohm or lesser, F. Audio S1 - 9.5 ohm (those two about same as @cqtek found)
Xunsound XS01 36ohm (I didn't guess so high)
Xuelin 770C has two outlets: one called "dark/line" is 10.5 ohm, the one "bright" is 2.5 ohm
Aigo Z6pro 4 ohm

May 30, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #4,862 of 8,121
@cqtek made me curious about output impedance... so I get a multimeter and tried, here is what I found on my DAPs
(1Khz sine tone, tolerance +/- 0.2 - 0.3... is a cheap multimeter)

Ruizu A50 - 1ohm or lesser, F. Audio S1 - 9.5 ohm (those two about same as @cqtek found)
Xunsound XS01 36ohm (I didn't guess so high)
Xuelin 770C has two outlets: one called "dark/line" is 10.5 ohm, the one "bright" is 2.5 ohm
Aigo Z6pro 4 ohm

With your measurements, you give value to mine :wink:.

I usually try different resistances at different volume.

You should know that testers in altern do not usually measure high frequencies well. Its range oscillates between 50Hz to 1KHz. They are designed to measure domestic AC voltage (50 / 60Hz).

Mine does not offer differences between 50Hz and 1 KHz. Above does not measure well. Hence, I use the oscilloscope.

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #4,863 of 8,121
another seller for the QNGEE X2 popped up on Aliexpress a couple days ago, but they have a 91% shop approval rating and place it's price at $95AUD. I messaged them asking what brand the listed 128gb Micro SD they combo it with (giving no option but to buy it with a 128gb Micro SD), and they told me it doesn't come with an SD card! They also claim that it's the cheapest price listed for the dap on the platform, but CK 'give me $80 for DHL' Lewis has it for sale 20 dollars cheaper!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW...-1-Lossless-music-DIY-MP3-Hi/32879296399.html
I wouldn't buy from them, but more stores will start selling them soon. I'm waiting patiently :L3000:
Thanks for that! I'll keep an eye out.

Yeah, I've been looking into the AP60 ii. Certainly a contender.

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #4,864 of 8,121
Can someone ID this?

Jrx1kiN.jpg

edit: Guess it's the hifiman R2R2000? Or some derivative since the branding is different.

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #4,866 of 8,121
I just got my ZiShan Z3 from Ali last night and talk about poor workmanship
when i picked the unit all four buttons are loose and rattle around
when I shake it they jiggle like they aren't even secured
I can't believe that's how they are supposed to be but like I have always been warned, you get what you pay for
I'll give the unit a test listen today unamped and amped
maybe the sound quality will out weight this major defect.

also no user manual and when I turned it on it's all in chinese
any suggestions?

UPDATE
okay i'll eat my words and admit other than the jiggly buttons and sucky UI the little guy produces some amazing sound especially unamped form the PO jack. Beats my plenueD and benjie power wise driving the TY HI-Z 150pro. Listened with that and the TRN V20, TIN Audio T2 and SuperLux HD 381F. Need to try the VE Zens. for the tiny size and with lineout it's pretty impressive. Listened to Round Midnight, What a Little More Rain and Isn't it a Pity from Chesky's Greatest Vocal Recordings from HD Tracks. On It's a Pity the instruments do sound a bit muffled compare to the instruments especially the piano and cymbals
Hooked it up the my Little Bear Tube Amp and HeadAmp Pico and was even better but the sound right out of the device is just fine.
But again the UI sucks

Be interesting to compare it to the Shanling M0 and the Qngee X2 that's on their way

I have and tried the HeadAmp Pico, Topping NX1S and Electric Avenues PV. The Electric Avenues is closest in shape but that rig is a little chunky to be pocketable. Any suggestions for a good portable headphone amp around the same size as the Z3? Fiio?

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #4,867 of 8,121
May 31, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #4,868 of 8,121
I suppose you have already found how to change the language, but just in case, I wrote it here:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/obscure-chinese-daps.720512/page-303#post-14087563

yup it was difficult because they said it was the 5th menu selection to get to the system menu but the screen only scrolled to 4 items
didn't realize the 5th menu item was on the right side of the first
finally got in and reset it to english
having some trouble recognizing a card I burned with HD Tracks albums like that new Meiko album worked fine with the card from my Benjie and the Bengie had no trouble with the card that would read in the Z3.
It's a nice little player
having a challenge figuring out the buttons and menu like going back to the main list of albums to scroll though
Its a weird UI for sure and having lose buttons just doesn't feel right
but the sound coming out of that little guy is great and that's all that counts in the end

Jun 1, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #4,869 of 8,121
F.Audio S1 arrived today, got off to a slightly bad start after it decided to wipe 115gb of music from my card which I didn't have backed up. So it's very basic/simple, the Bluetooth range is terrible, the acrylic panels are going to wear badly, but that sound, wow, how can a cheap DAP paired with Vidos sound this good?

Jun 1, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #4,870 of 8,121
got off to a slightly bad start after it decided to wipe 115gb of music from my card

How could something like that happen? That is scary.

Jun 1, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #4,872 of 8,121
the size of the new Shanling M0 is startlng almost same size as an two iPod Shuffles stacked togethor just with way better sound and features
too many choices the iPod Classic Gen5 and ZuneHD are the only outliers with limitations. Hopefully the QNGEE will show up soon.

Jun 1, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #4,873 of 8,121
the size of the new Shanling M0 is startlng almost same size as an two iPod Shuffles stacked togethor just with way better sound and features
too many choices the iPod Classic Gen5 and ZuneHD are the only outliers with limitations. Hopefully the QNGEE will show up soon.

I am really curious about the M0 but coming from a Rockbox'd Xduoo X3 with tons of eq, I'm worried that I won't have enough eq to boost the lowest bass frequencies. How do you like it? I need a smaller player that's portable. I use only IEM's on the go so power isn't a real issue. Thanks.

Jun 1, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #4,874 of 8,121
I am really curious about the M0 but coming from a Rockbox'd Xduoo X3 with tons of eq, I'm worried that I won't have enough eq to boost the lowest bass frequencies. How do you like it? I need a smaller player that's portable. I use only IEM's on the go so power isn't a real issue. Thanks.

The Shanling is so small I think most smart watches are bigger.
I know my Samsung Gear S was.
seen some pictures in the rig thread where the attached amp is like 10 times bigger than the player.

That being said I think ZiShan Z3 gives it a run for the money can't waiting to get the QNGEE to try that one against the M0
but the M0 is a beautiful device, mine is black
powerwise the Z3 drives some of my hard to drive IEMs like the Zens better than the M0
but the UI on the M0 puts the text display of the Z3 ro shame and its has a way better build
but man you could lose this thing so easily. I just ordered a red pleather case so I can find it digging through my work bag.

A while back I bought an AGPtek Badge Sport that has a built in clip and APTX for listening while doing getting dirty work like yard work or wood working as it has a silicone cover that cover the whole device
a watch strap or clip case would be nice for the M0. I had something watch strap for the square Apple Nano which has the same on screen UI as the MO
with a clip you could clip it to the back of a baseball hat, or shirt pocket or belt
haven't tried bluetooth on it yet and I don't think the ZiShan Z3 has bluetooth

Jun 1, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #4,875 of 8,121
The Shanling is so small I think most smart watches are bigger.
I know my Samsung Gear S was.
seen some pictures in the rig thread where the attached amp is like 10 times bigger than the player.

That being said I think ZiShan Z3 gives it a run for the money can't waiting to get the QNGEE to try that one against the M0
but the M0 is a beautiful device, mine is black
powerwise the Z3 drives some of my hard to drive IEMs like the Zens better than the M0
but the UI on the M0 puts the text display of the Z3 ro shame and its has a way better build
but man you could lose this thing so easily. I just ordered a red pleather case so I can find it digging through my work bag.

A while back I bought an AGPtek Badge Sport that has a built in clip and APTX for listening while doing getting dirty work like yard work or wood working as it has a silicone cover that cover the whole device
a watch strap or clip case would be nice for the M0. I had something watch strap for the square Apple Nano which has the same on screen UI as the MO
with a clip you could clip it to the back of a baseball hat, or shirt pocket or belt
haven't tried bluetooth on it yet and I don't think the ZiShan Z3 has bluetooth
Thanks! I can't wait for the Hiby R3 to come out for retail, If it is successful that is. Never know about crowd funded gear. That M0 looks tempting tho...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back