oBravo Earphones and Headphones Land in UK
Jan 22, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #481 of 498
not alot going on here...anyway, I finally finish my review of OBRAVO CUPID BASIC.

Basic is the 200$ version of Cupid, it has a cheaper cable but thats about it.

I need to burn in the Cupid for 50H, because at first the sound was strange, bass especially was muffled and upper treble not very articulate...as well, eartips and audio source pairing is very important. I find the Cupid capricious but once i find right pairing and eartips, they are sincerly spectacular to listen too. Unique and strangely addictive sound experience. I wish more consumers share their impressions about those!

Personally, I really like them, vivid and immersive music experience. I never heard anything sounding similar to the Cupid, and while it can be disturbing for some, I find it addictive.

Anyway, take a look on my honnest take to know Pros and Cons. Can be find on headfi HERE or my audio blog HERE

CHEERS!

Feb 22, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #482 of 498
A few months ago I approached Phil on the hunt for some new on the go IEM's and bought a set of cupids. This ended up turning into a very good relationship and over the course of time I changed my r6 to an n6ii, all 3 boards and finally an N8 BB, all through Audio Concierge.

Around about the same time as I bought the cupids, I bought Anole VX. As good as the cupids were, they never saw the light of day due to VX being so good. I'd made a short list of totl IEM to try and not one beat vx off the top spot which made my wallet happy. I couldn't find fault with VX but as with most "audiophiles", you're never content until you find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow....

Fast forward to a few days ago, I agreed to a loan of a pair of EAMT 1 C thinking this would be just a other pair that would be dismissed in 10 minutes...

The 1st half hour of listening was... weird. Totally different sound experience and felt like I needed to readjust my brain. The stage, separation, imaging, detail were on another level, just incredible. Didn't sound "right" though and my usual medium tip choice felt loose in ear where normally with a semi moulded iem it felt snug. Even so, with lots of things I should have been doing, I sat for 2 hours plus staring out the window listening to song after song. They might have not been perfect but the foundations were there for something special....

Ended up getting a pair of ML dot dot from a friend today, felt a lot better and the 150k ish suckout I was getting which needed some eq was totally gone. Balance is now there in spades and man these things know how to do bass! Just so happens said friend with with dots made me a fancy cable, copper / silver / gold blah blah blah, it's just a cable right? Holy moly, right tips, insane cable, EAMT 1 C, gobsmacked, absolutely astounded to hear music reproduced the way it is through a set of IEM's.

oBravo seem to have a reputation for producing a more speaker like presentation in the upper tier stuff, I totally get that now. The presentation these produce is just incredible and I'm not talking about the tone (bass, mids, highs) , it's the overall presentation of the piece of music which just envelopes you and takes away the some what blinkered sound of conventional IEM's and changes it up to a more out of head experience.

These are by far, and I don't say this lightly, the best over / on / in and whatever else ear experience I have had to date. It would be nice to hear them with other sources but I'm a firm believer in synergy is always key and these combined with N8 BB, outstanding cable (Skable TOTL) and the right tips (++) is endgame right here. Will I buy a pair of EAMT 1 C.... no. I've got its big brother on the way which is why I've now got an oB terminated cable waiting for it's new partner. I've not even heard Ra yet but off the back of these I put my VX up for sale this morning and they're already boxed up for the new owner. I'll take every hour I can with EAMT 1 C though until oBravos finest arrives. :)

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #483 of 498
Cayin N6ii, E02, erib-1a & symbio tips - nice! Thanks @PhilW

76362DDC-DBE5-491A-B23E-255F0D66689F.jpeg

Apr 25, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #484 of 498
20200424_154115.jpg

Also, thanks Phil lol. E02 with erib 1c. Absolutely lovely

Dec 5, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #486 of 498
HI Phil

Is Venus much better than the Cupid? Seems still a Brass body but it certainly costs several times more...

Cheers

Venus is a far more refined offering than Cupid, vastly updated cables and a beautiful platinum finish. It took us a long time to get the balance right when using a much larger DD in a cupid sized enclosure. Had to do a few little tricks. 😉

Regards

Dec 11, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #487 of 498
Hi,

True that the EAMT 1C can be considered like professional studio monitors but I'm wondering if time hasn't run and some other IEM have increaed again the level on SQ.
Listening a lot to Classical.

Dec 13, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #489 of 498
Nothing gives the same soundstage yet. It's unique in presentation
Good.
I read that these IEMs had to be driven by chosen sources like what ? Hugo, A&K, DMP Z1 ?

Dec 23, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #490 of 498
i'm not really sure what's the deal with obravo or how they sound the way they do.
my obravo cupids (before i gifted them) had an absolutely unique presentation, even with their small soundstage, they were so unique and engaging, something other iems just couldn't replicate.

now i have the hamt 3mk2 and it's the same thing all over again, going from the hamt 3mk2 to other headphones (currently only have the mdr 1m2, but had some open backs, at the top being the focal elex) it's just going from 3d (hamt) to 2d (anything else)

i don't get it? is it maybe the coaxial drivers??? why the hell do obravo products sound so damn good? it pisses me off because it actually makes me think of wanting something like the ra c cu or the hamt signature, which both cost an absurd amount of money.

someone save me.

Mar 10, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #491 of 498
Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #492 of 498
Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #493 of 498
The long long waiting is over, so my review of the HAMT3 Mk2 will be out soon.
Since I still haven't found the pot of gold and haven't won the lottery, I'm looking for a used Ra or Ra 21.
Maybe someone wants to sell or trade? Just let me know. Thanks.

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #494 of 498
Since I still haven't found the pot of gold and haven't won the lottery, I'm looking for a used Ra or Ra 21.

We advise sticking to a Ra 21 if you can. Good luck with your search. 😃

Jun 7, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #495 of 498
Thanks and what a good news! I am one of the few owners of HAMT 3 Mkii and can't wait for the review!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back