oBravo Earphones and Headphones Land in UK
Nov 21, 2015 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 498

PhilW

Member of the Trade: Audio Concierge
The stunning oBravo range of in ear's has landed on UK shores. The ERIB series consists of Planar Magnetic tweeter and Dynamic Hybrid designs with the EAMT series consisting oBravo's acclaimed AMT (Air Motion Transformer) tweeter and Dynamic Driver. Dynamic drivers range from 8mm up to 13mm on top of the range versions. Like Flare Audio, oBravo are experimenting with the use of different materials with the lower range consisting of Aluminium chassis, then onto mid range Wood and then top of the range Ceramic chassis. All have their own resonant properties with the ceramic being the most inert.

For users with Astell&Kern players an optional 2.5mm balanced cable can be purchased.
The sound offered by these earphones is simply "airy". The midrange is rich and stunningly involving and is extremely pleasurable to listen to with the bass being some of the tightest and most accurate I have heard from any universal in ear.

oBravo Earphones | UK Store | On Demonstration

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #4 of 498

ERIB-2A

Overview:
With the erib-2a, oBravo have combined one of the most advanced headphone driver technologies, called Planar Magnetics Driver (PMD) with Neodymium Dynamic Drivers (NDD) to deliver excellent bass performance of many IEMs in its class. Enhanced by its coaxial structure design, the in-the-ear earphones enable a brand new listening experience that even most of the Over-The-Ear headphone can’t do at its price range.

From studio recordings to live performances, the PMD and the NDD stage a full spectrum of audio. Every nuance is captured and heard. Every note is felt.

The aluminium design of the erib-2a not only looks elegant, but using Comply ear tips make wearing them feel comfortable in your ears.

Features:

• The world first Coaxial two-way IEM design by an implementation of Planar tweeter and NDD to deliver a rich sound stage listening experience.
  • World class Comply ear tips implementation for balanced sound stage.
  • A Wooden ear cup designed model - (erib-2w), and a Precision Ceramic ear cup designed model - (erib-2c) to provide a choice for different sound styles.
  • Easy way to enjoy a ultimate sound from a balanced output by an optional 2.5mm Balanced cable.
Specification:

1. Frequency Response: 20Hz~35KHz
  2. Tweeter: 8mm Planar Magnetic Tweeter
  3. Dynamic Driver: 10mm Neodymium Driver
  4. Impedance: 16 ohm
  5. Sensibility in dB: 102dB
  6. Weight: 35 g

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #5 of 498

EAMT-3A

Overview:
With the eamt-3a, we have combined one of the most advanced hi-fi driver technologies, called Air Motion Transformer Tweeter(AMT) with Neodymium Dynamic Drivers (NDD), to deliver the finest treble performance of any earphones in its class. Enhanced by its coaxial structure design, the in-the-ear earphones enable a brand new listening experience.

From studio recordings to live performances, the AMT and the NDD stage a full spectrum of audio. Every nuance is captured and heard. Every note is felt.

The rich wood design of the eamt-3a not only looks elegant, but their comfort using Comply ear tips make wearing them feel sound balanced in your ears.

Features:

• The world first Coaxial two-way IEM design by an implementation of AMT tweeter and NDD to deliver a rich sound stage listen experience in earphone market.
  • World class Comply ear tips implementation for balanced sound stage.
  • A Wooden ear cup designed model, eamt-3w , and a Precision Ceramic ear cup designed model, eamt-3c to provide a choice for different sound styles.
  • Easy way to enjoy a ultimate sound from a balanced output by an optional 2.5mm Balanced cable.
Specification:

1. Frequency Response: 20Hz~45KHz
  2. Tweeter: 8mm Air Motion Transformer Tweeter
  3. Dynamic Driver: 10mm Neodymium Driver
  4. Impedance: 16 ohm
  5. Sensibility in dB: 105dB
  6. Weight: 35 g

Nov 22, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #7 of 498
Planar IEM?!? Need to look these up!!!

EDIT: Misunderstood...

SECOND EDIT: I didn't misunderstand. Holy moly, planar drivers in an IEM. Is this new, or have I been hiding under a rock.

Must... Try... These... Now!!!

Having listened to these for a prolonged period I honestly feel that planar was invented for iems. Later in the year an EAMT1c will be launched....that Will be spicy.

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #8 of 498
I have had many calls for people wanting to hear what a Planar Magnetic in ear sounds like but not wishing to jump straight in. We have introduced a pre-order for the slightly cheaper ERIB5a which offers a slight decrease in bass performance. This should be great for getting started with your oBravo collection.

Custom-Cable | oBravo ERIB-5a Planar Magnetic Earphones |

Nov 23, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #9 of 498
  I have had many calls for people wanting to hear what a Planar Magnetic in ear sounds like but not wishing to jump straight in. We have introduced a pre-order for the slightly cheaper ERIB5a which offers a slight decrease in bass performance. This should be great for getting started with your oBravo collection.

Custom-Cable | oBravo ERIB-5a Planar Magnetic Earphones |

I don't mean to be overly critical, but I don't understand. You realised no one would jump in on such expensive iems, so you just popped out a cheaper one? Why was it not announced at the same time as the others?

Nov 24, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #11 of 498
I don't mean to be overly critical, but I don't understand. You realised no one would jump in on such expensive iems, so you just popped out a cheaper one? Why was it not announced at the same time as the others?
Kind of, we were waiting on a definitive release date from oBravo for the cheaper iem. But after announcing the others we decided to list the cheaper ones just for pre order online even though they not out yet as there was call for them. oBravo have a definitive roadmap already and it's really interesting.

Nov 29, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #12 of 498
Let's get a Massdrop going for these. :D

Nov 29, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #15 of 498

Users who are viewing this thread

Back