oBravo Earphones and Headphones Land in UK
Nov 30, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #20 of 498
Putting a pair or two out for audition would be nice. It really does sound like an exciting IEM, and I'd hate for it to not succeed in the West because nobody gets to throw up impressions / reviews.

Agree, and I'm totally game for critical review.

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #22 of 498
1 test track which i know intimately with my ACS Encore is Little Comets - The Gift Of Sound. I used the MoJo from Jriver as a reference and began with the IE800. These earphones are really good and offer a real insight into the music that is provided. For me though they offered too much bass which could at times be excessive. After these I went straight to the 846, much better balance with blue filter and found the detail to be greater than the IE800 but that's more because there was less bass coming through and clouding the midrange. Lower mids were somewhat missing though and vocals sounded slightly thin.Soundstage expanded but instruments were not as well defined as the IE800. Now to the Flare R2Pro.....straight away these were VERY different earphones. They sounded flat as soon as they were inserted and I had to ramp the volume up to get them a bit excited. Detail is good and so is bass but i'm not sure these have the treble extension of the Shure SE846 and I was permanently left wanting more but it never arrived. Now to the oBravo, much more in keeping with the Shure SE846 but the soundstage is even larger and instruments are kept together in the openness that is provided. The midrange isn't missing it's richness like the 846 and mid bass and treble remains rich without being muddy. The soundstage is something to behold, there is literally audio above my head, something that I have ever experienced with another headphone. Not even my encore offers that level of soundstage. I'm now desperate to hear the more expensive versions with Ceramic and their AMT hybrid driver. I returned back to the Shure SE846 afterwards with my other favourite track that I know inside out, George Michael; Symphonica - Going to a Town. The Shure was exceedingly bright at times in comparison and appeared pretty thin too although soundstage was good everything seemed to have a slight echo to it. oBravo was smooth even when I ramped up the volume and everything remained very composed. Bass was textured and went low depending on the track played, but could go lower in my opinion, maybe the bigger drivers will give that.

Nov 30, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #26 of 498
can you rank them which one has bigger headstage and best imaging ?
I heard the r2 pro sound more natural than any other IEM , how did you compare them ,which has more realistic natural sound ?

Shure = but lost instrument imaging
OBravo
IE800
R2Pro

I thought that the flare was realistic but coming straight from Shures it sounded pretty flat. Think it misses some dynamic range. oBravo canes it for realism.

Nov 30, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #27 of 498
I will get my Flare r2 pro this week , Is the shure and obrave sound different than the r2 pro ? is it step up or step aside ? which one has more 3d imaging ? which model you have ?
Thanks
personally I feel both the Shure and oBravo have great imaging but instruments can become slightly "phasey" on Shure but remain rock solid with ERIB2a. Flare are now too laid back for me. It's not till you come from something with greater dynamics you appreciate what each of the earphones can and can't do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back