oBravo Cupid
Sep 12, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #61 of 225
I use mine daily with my Fiio M9, High Gain around 60 Volume (out of 120) via 2.5mm Balanced cable. I have tried them with Silicone Tips and i wasn't a fan of the lack of bass so i wanted to stick to foam. I used the Comply foams that came with them for a few weeks but they crumbled away after a few weeks.

I initially tried Dekoni and they sounded like they had far too much low end, so i ordered some Symbio's to try. They were stiff and required only shallow insertion to sound right. but then they hurt after a short time (this might be different if i had the smaller version too test with, Medium was what i bought).

I went back to the Dekoni (It was these or the Silicone ones again) but now they were softer and the highs were clearer, thus this is what i have stuck with. I think that after a day or so they got softer and by this time the IEMs were more "burnt in".

So i'm happy with this set up for now. The highs are less present with the Dekoni's but they comfortable and still quality low end and so far lasting well compared to the Comply. Maybe i should order smaller Symbio's but that's another £20 that might just be a waste.

Sep 14, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #68 of 225
I received my cupid today and i must say i love them already without burn-in time. This iem has somekind of magic. The bass is not too strong for my taste but strong enought you thing you have a subwoofer in your head. It is very fast, controlled, textured and tactile. It can slam and rumble when it is in the music. I like it very much! The mids are a little bit recessed but not too much. Voices are very good. The highs have sparkle and they are crystal clear but absolutly not sharp or sibilant. The detail retrieval is very good! The stage is very wide and deep and you can get somekind of 3D feeling but in a weird way. I can not descripe what it is but when you listen to the cupid a little time it feels totally normal and very pleasant. When you close your eyes you have this feeling you can watch the instruments wandering from left to right, back and forth and up and down. This is very nice. It has a pinpoint imaging. I can't believe how good this iem is for that little price. I had so much iems in my life from 50 to 600 bucks and none of them had this all-in-one-sound package as the cupid for my taste. It is absolutely pleasant and fun to listen to music with them. Now i have to find a source that give me a better and bigger stage (holographic) than my Onkyo DP-S1. I am torn between the Dethonray DTR1 or the Chord Mojo in combo with my Onkyo DP-S1. I don't want to spent more than 500 bucks. Has somebody a better idea which player or dac/amp has a huge holographic soundstage for this price?

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #69 of 225
Technicality might be Cupid's weak point but than again its an unfair comparsion to the M9.

Technicalities can mean a lot of things. and imho, the Cupids not weak in this department. One thing I really like about Cupids is how notes decays. It doesn't get mixed up with the next notes. Some more "technical" IEMs does this by making the attack sharp and shortens the decay. To me, that the Cupids can render the decay this nicely is a technical feat.

If you are using the original Spiral Dots, try the Spiral Dots + or ++ version. I do not have the ++ version so my comparison is between the original Spiral Dots and + version. + version are softer and seals better and easier. I find that the trick is to get an almost complete seal without losing too much bass. To do that I use my left hand to pull the upper tip of my right ear with my mouth open and then to insert the tips shallowly. Then press upwards so that there is a small gap for the air pressure to equalise. Finally fidget the stems a bit to break the seal. Not too much or you will lose all the bass. Just a slight nudge. This way soundstage expends horizontally by a lot. Trebles are a lot airier and imaging and separation is very good at the expense of the bass.

I find that a shirt clip helps even when I am stationary. Hope this help.

I used to be a basshead and to me BA drivers just does not reproduce bass the way it should be. My 5 minutes with M7 & M9 is enough to me that they are not for me. I would compare the Cupid with IER-Z1R though. Was going for that before I have the Cupid. After having it, Z1R is not the must have item on my list now. Next on my list is the Obravo HRIB-3 MK2. Hope they are making it sounds like the Cupid.

Sep 16, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #70 of 225
Hi, any of you guys have listened to Tin Audio P1 and Cupid, so that could share a comparison?
I recently got P1 which I am enjoying a lot. Now that I know that planar sound is my thing, if Cupids provide a fuller sound, with a stronger and more extended bass; and bigger soundstage, then I sure would have a blast with the Cupids.
My purchase gun is loaded, about to pull the trigger. That comparison would be the final push, or not.
cheers, Jose

Sep 17, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #72 of 225
Hi, let me try the rudimentary version: Cupids are somewhat easier to drive and will give you more with less (check the specs). Bass on Cupids is stunning, not primarily based on quantity but in terms of speed and resolution, but yes there is more bass and it is tasty. Fuller? I do not have the P1 with me anymore so I do not feel qualified to judge that. Soundstage and imaging for me is fine with the Cupids and depending on track quite impressive. Again, as I do not have the P1 anymore forgive me for not comparing.

Sep 18, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #73 of 225
8328C3A5-6CC1-407F-9C06-82870B97EAAE.jpeg For those looking for a solution to the balanced cable, single-ended input, this adaptor from Fiio has worked grand for me. Highly recommended!

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #75 of 225
Does anyone also have the same thing, that the music floats above the eyes or head? My other iems sometimes had this effect with little notes but the cupid does sound everytime like the music plays on the top of my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back