Oblivion | UltraSonic Studios
Aug 29, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #3,436 of 7,457
Like everyone who has said so, balanced will not sound better than SE or the other way around. It's all in the implementations. I have Ragnarok and I sold it in less than a year. Wa22 is balanced but it's sitting in Sydney 300 kms away from me.

Oblivion is very quiet and powerful enough for headphones. Destiny is very powerful but unfortunately there is a very low level hum on low impedance headphones like my He1000se. Elekit TU8200 is also very powerful and quiet but the volume knob has not much feel. Soundstage is the least of the trio.

Odyssey is very powerful, very quiet, volume knob feel is superb, sounds the best I've heard in amps I've owned or tried.

Aug 29, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #3,438 of 7,457
I posted Odyssey in Audiokarma under my ingenious name of 'Endless' and someone ask 'what on earth is that amp... it's looks incredible'. :relaxed:

I like Audiokarma, for two channel discussion it's great, similar to Head-Fi in a lot of ways, and a very healthy DIY forum. Some very knowledgeable members there, especially when it comes to vintage gear.

Nice avatar :wink:

Aug 29, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #3,439 of 7,457
I like Audiokarma, for two channel discussion it's great, similar to Head-Fi in a lot of ways, and a very healthy DIY forum. Some very knowledgeable members there, especially when it comes to vintage gear.

I started posting there because of my Denon DP300f turntable in 2016 or 17 can't remember. It is also a very healthy vintage amps channel. I was there with my Sansui amps. Gosh I miss the mountain water.

UntilThen and Endless.. it's taboo. I'll be TheEnd next.

Aug 29, 2021 at 11:01 PM Post #3,441 of 7,457
I posted Odyssey in Audiokarma under my ingenious name of 'Endless' and someone ask 'what on earth is that amp... it's looks incredible'. :relaxed:
Have they given you any "feedback" yet about how such an amp might be overkill for headphones once they realize it's not for speakers?

Aug 29, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #3,442 of 7,457
Have they given you any "feedback" yet about how such an amp might be overkill for headphones once they realize it's not for speakers?

Nope but there some adoring comments from one fan. :) and another agreeing.

Overkill is non existent when you hear He1000se and LCD4 on Odyssey. It's playing on a different level and we all know that He1000se don't need much to get it going but the difference is to get it going and to make it sound great.

Ah they also realized now that it will drive speakers. Which is strange because my primary objective in Odyssey is that it drives headphones well and secondly for speakers. That objective has been well and truly met. It's so good with headphones that I spend most of my time with Odyssey on headphones.

Aug 30, 2021 at 1:09 AM Post #3,443 of 7,457
Odyssey lives here now. :)

IMG_2554.jpg

Aug 30, 2021 at 1:17 AM Post #3,444 of 7,457
Aug 30, 2021 at 2:46 AM Post #3,446 of 7,457
my primary objective in Odyssey is that it drives headphones well and secondly for speakers.

Spend today using speakers while I work. Boston Acoustics VR2 is 93 dB into 8 ohms. Such sweet tone from Odyssey driving it. In a small room, it is ideal. At such times, I couldn't really say that headphones sound better.

Tomas told me he felt Odyssey was really good with his speakers in UL mode. That is what I set it to in UL mode with GE 5691 and Psvane KT88 Tii.

I'm even thinking of buying the Ascension V1062AQTL. https://www.adelaidespeakers.com/valve.html

Aug 30, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #3,447 of 7,457

I like Audiokarma as well. One of the few forums around (beyond HeadFi) where members are courteous and respectful for the most part. It's also where I learned how to ultrasonically clean my LP's. Several good threads there dealing with processes and formulas.

Aug 30, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #3,449 of 7,457
I am also on Stevehoffman forum as none other then UntilThen. Talking about Axis Voicebox S with Redgum Rgi120enr. That was in Mar 2018. That was a long time ago and I am still 25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back