Oblivion | UltraSonic Studios
Jun 6, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #2,311 of 7,457
Is it waterproof?
😉
I keep advising him to just take the penalty rather than try to putt out of the water, but he doesn't listen. Sometimes I think I'm just a 'golf club carrier' rather than a true caddy. :smile:

Jun 6, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #2,312 of 7,457
I keep advising him to just take the penalty rather than try to putt out of the water, but he doesn't listen. Sometimes I think I'm just a 'golf club carrier' rather than a true caddy. :smile:
I think maybe his mind might be on other things atm :sweat_smile:.

Jun 12, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #2,314 of 7,457
@bcowen stop sleeping. It's breaking news.

tenor (1).gif

Jun 12, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #2,320 of 7,457
It's perfect. The dimension and spacing of tubes. Turns out better than I thought. If those Sowter output transformers don't turn up I'll have to steal @L0rdGwyn or @leftside 's Sowter output transformers.

This came from Tomas and I've to read it several times.... to comprehendo - that's in Latin !

As you can see I've added a small toggle switch to the top plate just behind the 6SL7 socket. That's to control the negative feedback. When the switch is up feedback is ON, switch down towards you feedback OFF. The feedback is only for the EL11. The 6SL7 socket is open loop always. Only switch this with amp OFF!
When you want to use the dual triode socket, and still have EL11 tubes in the amp, you need to toggle that switch down to OFF. Otherwise there'll be high voltage on the EL11 plates unnecessarily.

This will give you even more sound tuning possibility! Gain will increase with feedback OFF. You really only need the feedback in UL mode. Distortion will go up without it. I therefore only recommend you use UL mode with the EL11's.

Jun 12, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #2,321 of 7,457
I was talking merrily on other threads until Tomas send me these pictures. Heartbeats went up by several miles per hour. I'm sure if I tee off on a par 5, I will nail it now !!! Bcowen where is the cart ????

Odyssey 2.jpg

Another 30 minutes and all the lake water should be drained out. Sorry about the Akai that sparked and died almost instantly, but I doubt you'll be missing it much when that beautiful Odyssey arrives! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jun 12, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #2,322 of 7,457
Another 30 minutes and all the lake water should be drained out. Sorry about the Akai that sparked and died almost instantly, but I doubt you'll be missing it much when that beautiful Odyssey arrives! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I forgive you Bcowen. After I see these pictures, I'm giving you the cart ! You can have it !.

After months of dreaming, visualising and racking my brains, finally Odyssey is almost done .... except where is the output transformers Sowter? If you want those transformers to be known the whole world wide, you better send Tomas the transformers quick !

Optimus Prime.
view-optimus-prime-by-hz-designs-dbo9-2mib-transformers-the-optimus-prime-hd-png-840_1290.jpg

Jun 12, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #2,323 of 7,457
I forgive you Bcowen. After I see these pictures, I'm giving you the cart ! You can have it !.
Very generous of you, but that cart is all rusted out for some reason. I'd like a new one please.

1623539089871.png

Jun 12, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #2,324 of 7,457
Very generous of you, but that cart is all rusted out for some reason. I'd like a new one please.

1623539089871.png
Next time - may I suggest installing the electronics on the roof? Might survive your frequent dips in the pond :wink:

Jun 12, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #2,325 of 7,457
Next time - may I suggest installing the electronics on the roof? Might survive your frequent dips in the pond :wink:
It was a 1970's phase altering and time domain smearing equalizer. Mercy killing. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back