Oblivion | UltraSonic Studios
Mar 1, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #631 of 7,478
What about the HEDDphone? Have you received it yet? I think you'll be surprised how well Citadel drives tougher loads.
So, about the HEDD, yes I received it but it's just not for my tastes so it'll be going back to headphones.com.
I know most are enjoying their HEDD very much, but I just don't feel the same way about them.

Wow, I am very impressed. You should host a party to celebrate, neighbor.

You sold your 1266?
No, I never owned the 1266 but I've borrowed the original & Phi CC from TCC and had the TC here as well, but due to their fit I passed on them.
I did own the Susvara & HE6se & 800S at one point, but didn't care for the 6se or the 800S too much and preferred the HEKv2 over the Susvara.
Even though I've listed my WA33, if I don't get any interest,I've no problem whatsoever keeping & enjoying it as I've done since owning it because it is an incredible amp. I also like change and don't like to have too much gear, so downsizing is more than fine with me.

Mar 1, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #632 of 7,478
So, about the HEDD, yes I received it but it's just not for my tastes so it'll be going back to headphones.com.
I know most are enjoying their HEDD very much, but I just don't feel the same way about them.

No, I never owned the 1266 but I've borrowed the original & Phi CC from TCC and had the TC here as well, but due to their fit I passed on them.
I did own the Susvara & HE6se & 800S at one point, but didn't care for the 6se or the 800S too much and preferred the HEKv2 over the Susvara.
Even though I've listed my WA33, if I don't get any interest,I've no problem whatsoever keeping & enjoying it as I've done since owning it because it is an incredible amp. I also like change and don't like to have too much gear, so downsizing is more than fine with me.
Would you mind describing what you don't like about the HEDD?

Mar 1, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #633 of 7,478

Agreed. But I mod mine and fine with the fit for now.

Mar 1, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #636 of 7,478
Would you mind describing what you don't like about the HEDD?
In short, I enjoy both, my Utopia & HEKv2 much more.
The HEDD sounds good, but that's about it too me.
Also, even though they're comfortable for their weight as well as their distribution I think their overall size is just overkill.

Agreed. But I mod mine and fine with the fit for now.
They fit me fine, it's just what I mentioned above.

Mar 1, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #637 of 7,478
In short, I enjoy both, my Utopia & HEKv2 much more.
The HEDD sounds good, but that's about it too me.
Also, even though they're comfortable for their weight as well as their distribution I think their overall size is just overkill.

They fit me fine, it's just what I mentioned above.

+1
The egg shaped hifimans have a very unique presentation, I can't imagine myself without them.

Mar 2, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #639 of 7,478
I had to determinate my HEKv2 from dual 3-pin XLR to 4-pin XLR so I habit listened yet, but both my Utopia & GS2000e sound spectacular.
My GS-X mk2 sounds spectacular with the HEKv2 so I'm not really concerned about the Citadel pairing, but of course I'm interested either way.
I'll keep you posted.

Have you (or anyone else) tried planners with Oblivion/citadel?
If so, what were your experiences?

Mar 2, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #640 of 7,478
I sold off the LCD-3f just before I knew Oblivion was coming because I prefer Verite’s comfort and sound signature.

Mar 2, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #642 of 7,478
Got some great prices on tubes.
Screenshot_20200302-201504__01.jpg
:)
Screenshot_20200302-201642__01.jpg
Needed some backups.
Glad I no longer have to spend big money, with these tube types.
:)

Mar 3, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #645 of 7,478
I had to determinate my HEKv2 from dual 3-pin XLR to 4-pin XLR so I habit listened yet, but both my Utopia & GS2000e sound spectacular.
My GS-X mk2 sounds spectacular with the HEKv2 so I'm not really concerned about the Citadel pairing, but of course I'm interested either way.
I'll keep you posted.

Have you (or anyone else) tried planners with Oblivion/citadel?
If so, what were your experiences?

I've tried the Ananda and Aeon Flow 2 with the Oblivion. There's plenty of power to run them and about the only complaint I may have from SS/Hybrid amp is their stronger lower end. I don't really miss it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back