Oblivion | UltraSonic Studios
Feb 23, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #616 of 7,478
Feb 29, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #619 of 7,478
I received my Citadel Custom this afternoon and listened with my Utopia for 6+hrs.
I literally couldn't stop listening to my Utopia with this amplifier. I've never experienced so much musicality between a headphone & amplifier as I did tonight. To say that I'm impressed with the Citadel would be a total understatement. It's almost 1:30am and I'm wide awake with awe about how this amplifier delivers. It's simply spectacular in every way possible too me that there is really nothing more I could ask for. Period!

@SonicTrance (Tomas) I really can't find the words to say how thankful I am for taking the chance and ordering the Citadel from you, but if anyone has ever experienced one of those moments after shutting down your system and looking back at it (several times) in amazement, you know how I feel about what I have here. I honestly thought this amp was going to just sound good and that was it, I'd be selling it off in a very short time. I couldn't have been more wrong in thinking this. What you have created here is clearly a GEM too me. Thank you very much on the sound, build quality & craftsmanship of the Citadel.

IMG_0451.jpeg

IMG_0453.jpeg

IMG_0455.jpeg

Feb 29, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #621 of 7,478
@joseph69 , first impressions counts. Glad that it turn out well for you. I remember listening to Oblivion on the first day. I was quite smitten by it.

Those are gorgeous photos. Citadel didn't look out of place beside the WA33. It look so classy there but more important, it sounded great to you with Utopia. :) ... and you have more headphones to try with it and speakers. Keep the impressions coming.

Feb 29, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #622 of 7,478
@joseph69 , first impressions counts. Glad that it turn out well for you. I remember listening to Oblivion on the first day. I was quite smitten by it.

Those are gorgeous photos. Citadel didn't look out of place beside the WA33. It look so classy there but more important, it sounded great to you with Utopia. :) ... and you have more headphones to try with it and speakers. Keep the impressions coming.
Thank you for the compliment on the photos.
Next up will be my HEKv2, and I'm sure it's going to sound just as good as my Utopia.
As far as speakers, I don't have any, I asked for the option just incase I ever decide to buy them I have it.

Feb 29, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #623 of 7,478
I received my Citadel Custom this afternoon and listened with my Utopia for 6+hrs.
I literally couldn't stop listening to my Utopia with this amplifier. I've never experienced so much musicality between a headphone & amplifier as I did tonight. To say that I'm impressed with the Citadel would be a total understatement. It's almost 1:30am and I'm wide awake with awe about how this amplifier delivers. It's simply spectacular in every way possible too me that there is really nothing more I could ask for. Period!

@SonicTrance (Tomas) I really can't find the words to say how thankful I am for taking the chance and ordering the Citadel from you, but if anyone has ever experienced one of those moments after shutting down your system and looking back at it (several times) in amazement, you know how I feel about what I have here. I honestly thought this amp was going to just sound good and that was it, I'd be selling it off in a very short time. I couldn't have been more wrong in thinking this. What you have created here is clearly a GEM too me. Thank you very much on the sound, build quality & craftsmanship of the Citadel.

IMG_0451.jpeg

IMG_0453.jpeg

IMG_0455.jpeg

It is a beauty, I take it you like it more than Wa33, or at least equally with better price value. I see you're selling the Wa33?

Feb 29, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #624 of 7,478
It is a beauty, I take it you like it more than Wa33, or at least equally with better price value. I see you're selling the Wa33?
Thank you!
No, just 2 totally different amps. Both are excellent, but for the headphones I own it doesn't make sense for me to keep the WA33 and I definitely don't need 3 amps. If I had hard to drive headphones the WA33 wouldn't be going anywhere.

Feb 29, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #625 of 7,478

woah! This is a really pretty amp!

Feb 29, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #628 of 7,478
The Citadel must be pretty spectacular for you to put up the WA33 for sale. :o2smile:
The Citadel is definitely spectacular for me as well as my WA33, but both are 2 totally different amps.
At this point in my journey I mostly listen to my Utopia & HEKv2 and some of my Grados and I'm starting to listen less and less each session, and at lower volumes as well. I guess I could say I'm realizing I don't need such a beast for my headphone mentioned above to enjoy the type of listening I've been doing. If I were to still own my Susvara, or any other hard to drive headphone, I wouldn't be selling the WA33. And don't get me wrong, both, the Utopia & HEKv2 sound amazing through the WA33, but again, I really don't need such a beast for these type of headphones to sound great.

Mar 1, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #629 of 7,478
The Citadel is definitely spectacular for me as well as my WA33, but both are 2 totally different amps.
At this point in my journey I mostly listen to my Utopia & HEKv2 and some of my Grados and I'm starting to listen less and less each session, and at lower volumes as well. I guess I could say I'm realizing I don't need such a beast for my headphone mentioned above to enjoy the type of listening I've been doing. If I were to still own my Susvara, or any other hard to drive headphone, I wouldn't be selling the WA33. And don't get me wrong, both, the Utopia & HEKv2 sound amazing through the WA33, but again, I really don't need such a beast for these type of headphones to sound great.
What about the HEDDphone? Have you received it yet? I think you'll be surprised how well Citadel drives tougher loads.

Mar 1, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #630 of 7,478
Wow, I am very impressed. You should host a party to celebrate, neighbor.

You sold your 1266?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back