1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Objectivists board room

Discussion in 'Sound Science' started by joe bloggs, May 28, 2015.
First

Back
285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294
296 297 298 299 300 301 302
Next

Last
  1. gregorio
    It's even more fun being a Dialogue Editor/Mixer on feature films. You've typically got say 100 scenes in a film, each of which is broken down into say 3 or more shots. Then you've usually got 2-6 actors and say 5 takes per shot. Each take and each actor on every shot has different hiss (room tone) and for all the dialogue recordings used in the final cut of each scene the hiss (room tone) has to match perfectly. There's usually at least one point in every film when you have to remind yourself that you love your job!

G

2. bigshot
    I was a boom man back in my youth. I was the one causing your problems! But I got to blame it on the DP being in a hurry and shooting dialogue scenes as wide shots.

3. bigshot
    Getting ready to hit ignore on one or two more. I usually wait until they get rude and disrespectful, but my patience isn't unlimited.

4. Glmoneydawg
    Surely one of the great joys of this forum is talking to people with different opinions?

5. bigshot
    Different opinions are the reason I'm here. I want to learn from people who know things I don't. But willful ignorance is just a waste of time and it distracts from more productive discussions.

6. skwoodwiva
    I agree a diverse bunch we all are!
    I am here to be a better person, believe it or not! My communication skills are much improved now after 200+ posts and it is fun here. Learning everyday.

Glmoneydawg likes this.
  7. Glmoneydawg
    Gotcha....theres a guy in another thread promoting a pig levitator

8. bigshot
    He makes me laugh!

Glmoneydawg likes this.
  9. Glmoneydawg
    He has a graph. ...unless you can dispute this scientifically you may be a potential customer like me.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  10. U-3C

This I gotta see...

11. skwoodwiva
    Who is He?

12. skwoodwiva
    Will somebody kick BS for me, please.

13. bigshot

Looks like Windows X and his sock puppet got their wish. We can discuss fictional animals and fictional digital glare here now.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Glmoneydawg likes this.
  14. bigshot
    It's interesting how many people refuse to acknowledge bias.

colonelkernel8 likes this.
  15. Glmoneydawg
    you mean afraid to aknowledge bias?.....its tough to admit you have been doing something wrong for a long time....even when you know the truth.

First

Back
285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294
296 297 298 299 300 301 302
Next

Last