Objective2 + ODAC Rev. B Combo?
May 27, 2015 at 3:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Draulius

100+ Head-Fier
I was looking to purchase the ODAC+O2 Combo, but there are two versions I am torn between. The first one is of course found on the JDS Labs website, and the second is on Mayflower Electronics (called Revision B). The Mayflower Electronics one boasts better measurements, and is lower priced to boot.

Is there any reason to not get the Rev. B version instead of the original?

Thanks.

Jun 1, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #2 of 3
ODAC Rev B is an update to the ODAC which fixed a compatibility issue with the USB ports in a small percentage of PCs.  Rev B also adds 88.2khz output and seems to have better measurements than the original.

As for which one to buy, I don't think you really have a choice in the matter if you are buying brand new.  It looks like the original ODAC has been discontinued and totally replaced with rev b.  When I ordered an ODAC board from JDS labs last week, rev b was the only choice.

Jun 1, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #3 of 3
JDS Labs posted an announcement about the REV B back earlier in May: http://blog.jdslabs.com/?p=1003

Could be their products all now use the REV B but they haven't updated the product pages. You could ask. Seems likely since they were involve in the testing the update (see that page).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back