OBH-11SE outputs
Aug 29, 2002 at 12:50 AM Post #2 of 5
There is nothing in my manual that would indicate that the outputs are deferent in any way.

Aug 29, 2002 at 5:39 AM Post #3 of 5
The impedance of the 11se's two jacks are indeed different when only one 'phone is plugged in. With two, the impedances are equal.

I have found that the left hand jack (I guess people call it #1) is better for my HD-580s. I expect the same would be true of the 600s. I did a bit of ABing in order to come to this conclusion, but I don't recall it being a tough call and so I bet I didn't try it very much in jack #2.

Jack 2, by the way, seems to be better for my K501s.

And I'm thinking of powering my newly arrived K1000 from jack 1, jack 2, and the line-out all together.
eek.gif

afogs

Aug 30, 2002 at 6:43 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by afogs
And I'm thinking of powering my newly arrived K1000 from jack 1, jack 2, and the line-out all together.
eek.gif
afogs [/B

Please let us know how that sounds.
wink.gif

Aug 30, 2002 at 1:46 PM Post #5 of 5
This topic has been addressed previously in a number of threads.

I tested the frequency response of the jacks with HD600s and SR60s. The results are here.

Notice that there is a 0.5 dB difference primarily in the bass response for the HD600 between the two jacks.

I've also found that if you plug Entymotic 4S's into jack number 1, you get audible hiss.

Jack 1 is the higher impedance output, either 68 or 220 ohms depending on the version of your amp. Jack 2 is either 30 or 100 ohms. These are for versions B and A respectively.

I believe I have a version A amp.

Good Luck on your listening tests!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back