NZers and Aussies...where to buy HD600/650 rep cables?
Jun 5, 2008 at 7:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Oya?

500+ Head-Fier
Hi HF,

Could any of you HFiers from down under advise me as to where you guys buy HD600/650 replacement cables? I did check out syntec.com.au through a recommendation I ran into while googling, when I try to go through check out it wouldn't allow shipping to NZ. I'll have to drop them a line later, but in the meantime is there another good (reasonably priced) source for those cables? Would it be a good idea to drop by some of the local DJ stores and ask if they can order them in?

Thanks for your time and help.

Jun 5, 2008 at 12:50 PM Post #2 of 12
I havn't found a local seller who hasn't put a MASSIVE markup on anything to do with headphones, unfortunately
frown.gif
The best place IMO is to order from overseas. Buy yourself a fun can and the cable at the same time and save on shipping, perhaps? You can always trademe it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caution /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Syntec International

smily_headphones1.gif

Unfortunately the checkout didn't allow shipping to NZ, for some reason. I was going to email them as well, but it certainly doesn't help that their web email-form is not working (for me).

I've been googling for other Aus sites that sell them, not having any luck so far.

I guess it's not too pertinent, my Sennies won't arrive for maybe 2 weeks anyway. It kinda annoys me though that even the eBay cables I spotted were almost/over $40US. Although they do charge real cheap for shipping, might be my only option.

Jun 5, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #7 of 12
Just an update, in case anyone in NZ is interested. I found the HD650 cable at nzaudio.co.nz for $26NZ + $12NZ shipping. IIRC I saw several reccomendations within NZ while I was googling that can order them in like rockshop etc.

Jun 6, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Marcus @ headphones.com.au stocks replacement HD650 cabels

Thanks for the heads-up! I sort of guessed he had them but doesn't put it up on the site.

Jun 6, 2008 at 11:12 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oya? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately the checkout didn't allow shipping to NZ, for some reason.

hrmm I guess they arn't the distributer for Sennheiser products in New Zealand... You might wan't to give them a call though

Jun 6, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oya? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the heads-up! I sort of guessed he had them but doesn't put it up on the site.

yeah he sells spare parts for just about all the headphones he sells

that would be a lot of spare parts to list on the site!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back