NZ Headphone Meet - Listen to the HE1 Orpheus on 06/03/18!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #31 of 76
I'd be keen - but it would have to be a weekend, and can't be weekend of 20/21 Aug (dual birthday - Wife and eldest boy). How soon would you know a prospective date?

I have a lot of gear I can bring - mostly portable gear - including most of FiiO's DAPs (incl new X5iii and X7). My own HD800S. 64 Audio's U6 and U10, HiFiMan's RE2000 and RE800. Basically a lot of IEMs etc. If anyone was interested, I'd throw in my el-cheapo measurement system, and show you what I do for reviewing as well.

I for one would definitely be interested in seeing the science behind your reviews! Interestingly enough this event may happen before official stock of the X7 makes it to NZ so you may well be the only one who can demo it!

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #34 of 76
Sorry for the radio silence guys, Sennheiser came back to me saying that they wanting to do an exclusive event for the Orpheus HE:1, so that rules that out.

I'm wanting to go ahead with this event, but I feel that the general consensus is that we want this event to be during the weekend?

// Alex

Aug 27, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #35 of 76
Sorry for the radio silence guys, Sennheiser came back to me saying that they wanting to do an exclusive event for the Orpheus HE:1, so that rules that out.

I'm wanting to go ahead with this event, but I feel that the general consensus is that we want this event to be during the weekend?

// Alex

I think weekend would be most appropriate anyway. Given that I know that is often your busy day you can count on Leigh and I to be at the event to help facilitate so that should relieve some pressure.

Aug 30, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #36 of 76
Agree with weekend. If I'm not working, will make the trip to Auckland.

Oct 29, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #37 of 76
Has this idea died, or just fallen asleep? I'd be keen...

Currently have Woo Audio WA2 (but would need to be quick, as it's on trade Me right now, about to be replaced by Eddie Current Zana Deux Super)...

Replaced stolen Sennies HD800 with:

Beyers DT1770pro
Sennies HD600
Mrspeakers Ether Flow (open)

Would like to hear HD800s on the Eddie Current ZDS...

Has @Computer Lounge ever considered accepting trade-ins, and selling them as secondhand gear? (with appropriate dealer markup). Seems to be a profitable model, elsewhere...

Oct 29, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #38 of 76
Has this idea died, or just fallen asleep? I'd be keen...

Currently have Woo Audio WA2 (but would need to be quick, as it's on trade Me right now, about to be replaced by Eddie Current Zana Deux Super)...

Replaced stolen Sennies HD800 with:

Beyers DT1770pro
Sennies HD600
Mrspeakers Ether Flow (open)

Would like to hear HD800s on the Eddie Current ZDS...

Has @Computer Lounge ever considered accepting trade-ins, and selling them as secondhand gear? (with appropriate dealer markup). Seems to be a profitable model, elsewhere...

The idea hasn't died out entirely, it's just with the Armageddon weekend fast approaching, and all the preperation that surrounded our presence there, this idea had to go on the backburner.

No that has been and gone, I can start to think about this Head-Fi meetup again :)

I'll certainly keep the idea of selling second-hand gear in mind, though it is something that we have decided against doing with computer components.

You'll hear from me soon!

// Alex

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #39 of 76
Alex, I'm still keen as well with AKG K812 and LCD3.

I'll tag you in another thread that you might be interested it...

Dec 5, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #40 of 76
I would like to re-voice my support for this meet.

Jan 25, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #42 of 76
Just checking in to say I’d be keen if anything comes together. Happy to being along Meze 99 Classics, HD650, Dragonfly Black, Valhalla 2 and Modi 2 Uber ... also planning to buy Bifrost Multibit in the next couple months. Also modest collection of vinyl if people are keen.

Jan 25, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #43 of 76
Alex, I'm still keen as well with AKG K812 and LCD3.

I'll tag you in another thread that you might be interested it...

I would like to re-voice my support for this meet.

Same here

Just checking in to say I’d be keen if anything comes together. Happy to being along Meze 99 Classics, HD650, Dragonfly Black, Valhalla 2 and Modi 2 Uber ... also planning to buy Bifrost Multibit in the next couple months. Also modest collection of vinyl if people are keen.

Glad to hear that you are all still interested in attending! This meet will definitely go ahead - I have just been patiently waiting for Sennheiser to confirm the dates that we will have their legendary HE1 Orpheus on demo in our showroom.
At this stage it is looking like mid to late February.

I plan to organise a reveal evening/headphone meet around the HE1 and you guys will be the first to know about it! :L3000:

Keep an eye on this thread for more info!

// Alex

Jan 25, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #44 of 76
Wow, that would be amazing!! Would absolutely relish the opportunity to hear the Orpheus. Hopefully it wouldn’t ruin all future setups for me!

I also saw your post about Schiit not responding to requests to become an NZ distributor. That’s a real shame, it would be excellent to have an in-country distributor, particularly one with a demo showroom.

Jan 25, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #45 of 76
Wow, that would be amazing!! Would absolutely relish the opportunity to hear the Orpheus. Hopefully it wouldn’t ruin all future setups for me!

I also saw your post about Schiit not responding to requests to become an NZ distributor. That’s a real shame, it would be excellent to have an in-country distributor, particularly one with a demo showroom.

I am beyond excited to listen to the Orpheus myself - I have been waiting way too long!

It is a shame, but it unfortunately commonplace for audio companies to overlook New Zealand; they rarely put much effort into having proper representation here.

With that being said, there are still plenty of companies that want to have their product available in our small corner of the world. We have a shipment of JDS Labs amplifiers and DACs on the way. I can't wait to be able to find out what everyone is raving about with the Objective line. The Element gets great reviews also!

// Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back