Nylon Multifilament Questions, et al
Nov 25, 2008 at 4:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

les_garten

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello,
I am putting together some cables. The two cables are Mogami 2534 and Cardas 4x24. I've read tons here and seem to be getting different answers from what the Cable Organizer guys tld me to buy.

They said I should get 3/8" for the Mogami and 1/4" for the Cardas. Does this sound correct? There is not much room for error here.

Also, I can't find anyone who sells by the foot, so i have to buy Mini spools of a couple hundred feet.

Nobody sells reasonably by the foot?

There is only Black correct?

Is there any similair product that has the kewl colors and combo colors of the Expandable TechFlex?

Or any other solid color for that matter?

So Here's the questions:

1) What size for Cardas 4x24?
2) What size for Mogami 2534?
3) Anyway to buy cheap by the foot?
4) Any other colors or Patterns?
5) Any alternatives that sell by the foot, or in colors and color combos?

Nov 25, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #2 of 8
The Mogami only needs 3/16". 3/8" is too loose for it. The Cardas will fit 3/16" tightly too.
You should buy in bulk, it'll be cheaper. If not, the seller furryletters on ebay sell the 3/16" in 10ft.
It's all black and tight braid, you won't see through it. I haven't seen anywhere sold in different color.

Nov 25, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Mogami only needs 3/16". 3/8" is too loose for it. The Cardas will fit 3/16" tightly too.
You should buy in bulk, it'll be cheaper. If not, the seller furryletters on ebay sell the 3/16" in 10ft.
It's all black and tight braid, you won't see through it. I haven't seen anywhere sold in different color.

I had already looked on Furry Letters, but he lists all his braid as expandable. My understanding is the Multifilament is not expandable, so it's not clear to me if he has it on his site?

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:14 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He has 1/4" I think but he doesn't list it. Shoot him a PM to ask and he may still have some.

Thanx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back