Nyko Intercooler 360 for Xbox 360 just released
Mar 31, 2006 at 7:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MikeB06

500+ Head-Fier
http://gear.ign.com/articles/698/698808p1.html

I don't have a 360, but I know many of you have them here. I'm not sure of overheating has been an issue for anyone yet, but this seems like it would be a worthwhile investment, especially with the hours that people will be putting into Oblivion
very_evil_smiley.gif
. It kinda sucks a console would need this type of accessory out of the box, but at least the Intercooler fans could prevent any problems from occurring in the first place.

Mar 31, 2006 at 12:15 PM Post #3 of 7
at least it's only $20
smily_headphones1.gif
i suppose it could even be a good idea. i was originally thinking the fans on teh back of the xbox were exhaust, but i see now they're intake. i suppose it might be a good thought

no kidding about the noise though

i had a 360, sold it, and still have my original xbox
smily_headphones1.gif
been waiting for availability to go up so i can either get it at costco (store warranty), or find a cheaper price, and none of the launch games were much fun...but now there's oblivion and graw......hummm............tasty...

btw: on the nyko, i would sure hope its fans could keep up with the airflow the 360's fans are pulling, otherwise it might be detremental

Apr 1, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #4 of 7
That thing sits over the 360's existing fans, kinda seems like a dumb idea to me. I have no heat issues with mine, it's run for 14 hours straight with out one hiccup.

Apr 1, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah
at least it's only $20
smily_headphones1.gif
i suppose it could even be a good idea. i was originally thinking the fans on teh back of the xbox were exhaust, but i see now they're intake. i suppose it might be a good thought

no kidding about the noise though

i had a 360, sold it, and still have my original xbox
smily_headphones1.gif
been waiting for availability to go up so i can either get it at costco (store warranty), or find a cheaper price, and none of the launch games were much fun...but now there's oblivion and graw......hummm............tasty...

btw: on the nyko, i would sure hope its fans could keep up with the airflow the 360's fans are pulling, otherwise it might be detremental

Huh?

The 360's rear fans are an outtake fan. Blows air out the back. At least that's how mine is.

-Ed

Apr 1, 2006 at 5:36 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizelbs
I am thinking about getting it. My 360 starts to crap out after its been on for a while. Load times get really slow and sloppy.

RMA that sucker. It's not normal. Unless you have it suffocating, sealed up inside a small cabinet.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back