NYC Mini-Meet 3/25
Mar 30, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #76 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Maybe Jahn could have KSC35 drivers put in Hp1000s?
biggrin.gif

Just fyi my wife just got cheap rates to visit the in laws so it's just me and the dog this weekend - but i don't think you guys want me to host this weekend, since all i have here is a marantz with a 0404 in one and and a hd280 in the other
evil_smiley.gif
right now the marantz line out to the stax sucks hard - argh i can't wait for the melos tubes to come, or the hhf-1, or anything basically! torture!

Mar 30, 2006 at 12:58 AM Post #77 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
The greater detail is now called... the source?
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
icon10.gif

You have a Musical Fidelity X-10? I didn't know this. Interesting.

Maybe Jahn could have KSC35 drivers put in Hp1000s?
biggrin.gif

"We've replaced this discerning audiophile's favorite drivers (brand X) for our much cheaper KSC35 driver! Let's see if he can tell the difference!"

*camera falls to the ground and screams can be heard before it goes to static*

Mar 30, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #78 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
The greater detail is now called... the source?

hehehe... you guys are gonna kill me, but right now I'm listening to the HP-1 through the M-Audio transit! I told you my computer rig needs some serious work right now!

Yeah, maybe it was the power cords... oh the X-10 was a friend's in Tokyo that I was borrowing.

Poor jahn... with only the Stax to keep him company...

Wow, these tiny violins sound great out of the HP-1!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

Mar 30, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #79 of 86
I like the Stax more than that other rig of his anyway
biggrin.gif
It's not like he has that bad of a fate. I'm not sure why he's listening to HD280. That's another form of madness. I havn't heard that though. What he needs is the linksys thing though.

Mar 30, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #80 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
lol - you gotta try playing video games with the HP1000 on! I was playing Black (a game emphasizing the visceral impact of guns, lol) and man, the impact was startling
eek.gif

Best,

-Jason

LOL I'm still stuck on level two I think, the sniping action at the cemetery. I must say this is probably one of the most intense and realistic covert first shooters I have played so far. The only gripe I have is that the missions are too long, and those damn shotgun and rpg dudes are a major pain in the ***.

Now back to headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #81 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
I like the Stax more than that other rig of his anyway
biggrin.gif
It's not like he has that bad of a fate. I'm not sure why he's listening to HD280. That's another form of madness. I havn't heard that though. What he needs is the linksys thing though.

ok what linksys thing are we talking about? you know i have a wireless-G router, is there anything you guys know about to make this into a squeezebox or something?

Mar 30, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #83 of 86
doh how come i never read that? this could make my 0404 obsolete? interesting!

btw i'm silly, i forgot the SRM-1/MKII has a loop out! so instead of the 0404 going to the marantz, it's going to the STAX first for the shortest distance to SQ goodness - the Lambdas are happy now! And the marantz still gets a signal via the loop out, even if the STAX is turned off, so no worries. In fact, this is a slimmer more economical deal than putting the Melos in the chain.

But the Melos brings that tubey goodness to the table, so back in the chain it goes when the new tubes come!

Mar 30, 2006 at 2:24 AM Post #84 of 86
well you can't run emu and this thing at once. they don't play well nice.

So mini meet this weekend at the tower of power?

Mar 30, 2006 at 4:27 AM Post #85 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
well you can't run emu and this thing at once. they don't play well nice.

So mini meet this weekend at the tower of power?

what tower of power? more like the fallen tower of babel!
mad.gif

Mar 30, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #86 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
what tower of power? more like the fallen tower of babel!
mad.gif

Awwh, well, I'm sure you could convince Jason to bring his preciouses so you could relive the majesty...

And I'll make nachos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back