NY-Long Island Mini Meet -Sept 12
Sep 11, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #46 of 58
Looks like a full group- but do you have room for one more? The DR test I had scheduled for Saturday was pushed out a week, so now I'm available.

I have a Benchmark DAC that I also use as a headphone amp, which I can bring along with a computer (connects to benchmark via USB) and Squeezebox (connects via coax). I haven't pursued the headphone route for long, so I don't have very good units: Grado SR-80 and Etymotic Research 4P. I'm looking to experience some higher end units.

Sep 11, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #47 of 58
Who is this "one-post-wonder"? Danny, he needs to be fully vetted! Just kidding, krisstack.

Welcome to Head-Fi...

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 11, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #48 of 58
To be fair if I were having a mini-meet (Group of friends) at my house I probably wouldn't include someone with 1 post a blank user profile and no location listed.

No offense, but at this point such a person is a total stranger. There's a huge difference between a mini-meet at someones private home and a public meet held at a meeting hall somewhere.

I'd bet that Dan has met most if not all of the people that are coming to his mini-meet. Of course it's Dan's decision.

To me a blank profile speaks volumes about a poster.

Sep 11, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #49 of 58
Dang. My family is thinking of having a picnic tomorrow so as much as I would have loved to attend, I can't. I finally have a decent headphone rig setup and would like some thoughts and opinions about it. Maybe on the next meet.

Have a good time guys.

Sep 11, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #50 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by JETC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dang. My family is thinking of having a picnic tomorrow so as much as I would have loved to attend, I can't. I finally have a decent headphone rig setup and would like some thoughts and opinions about it. Maybe on the next meet.

Have a good time guys.

fear not! the NYC fall meet is just around the corner

Sep 11, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #51 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did I miss a thread somewhere?

Sep 11, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #52 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since I am a long time lurker...I'd feel weird asking to come to this. Does anyone want give me more info on this NYC fall meetup? I would greatly appreciate it!

Sep 11, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #53 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did I miss a thread somewhere?

no, you didnt... i'm just assuming someone will plan one eventually
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #54 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyandelyse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tom,

Bring something that you think might light up Yikes K1000/siltech which is a bit under rated by all us long island stat types.

I will bring the Dared 300bs for the K1000s,What termination does the k1000/siltech have?

Sep 12, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #55 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be fair if I were having a mini-meet (Group of friends) at my house I probably wouldn't include someone with 1 post a blank user profile and no location listed.

Valid points. I've just updated my user profile, and should have done so before.

As to unknown individuals coming to ones house, I can see how someone might be uncomfortable with that. But I've got to start somewhere. I look forward to participating on the forum in the future, and hope to be able to attend other local events, assuming no conflicts. Unfortunately I do often work on weekends- gotta pay for the toys some way. I'm also planning to attend the Rock Mtn show, and hope to meet some folks there. I went to the show for the first time last year, and I have to say it was great. Should be even better with the inclusion of Head-Fi folks.

Sep 12, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #56 of 58
If I remember correctly the K1000's have the stock 4 pin XLR and a custom Siltech 4-pin XLR to 1/4" adapter.

krisstack, Welcome to the community. You'll find that the NY members are a friendly group, and they hold some of the best meets. So much so that I frequently travel from Pennsylvania to attend them.

I hope that the rain is over by the time I've got to load the car.

Sep 12, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #57 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will bring the Dared 300bs for the K1000s,What termination does the k1000/siltech have?

The XLR termination but also have the other siltech regular binding post extension if needed. 300Bs and K1000, who woulda thought................

Sep 12, 2009 at 7:43 AM Post #58 of 58
Few more hours. I'll see everyone there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back