NuPrime uDSD ($179, PCM384+DSD256 decoding) Portable USB DAC and trade-in program for NuForce uDAC* and other DACs
Apr 28, 2015 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

jasonl

Member of the Trade: Heap Venture
Hi, I have created three generations of uDAC and now bringing you the best (let the shootout begins
dt880smile.png
) USB powered DAC under $200 - the NuPrime uDSD (MSRP $179).  For those of you who have purchased any DAC with an original retail price above $99, you can trade-in to uDSD for $50 credit toward the purchase price at the participating retailer http://www.sonicunity.com/collections/nuprime-audio/products/udsd

NuPrime Audio takes pride in introducing the NuPrime uDSD, an especially well priced, high-performance USB-powered portable DAC and headphone amp. Supporting the latest high-resolution music formats, the uDSD is capable of decoding sample rates ranging from 44.1kHz to 384kHz (PCM) as well as native DSD decoding ranging from DSD 64 up to DSD 256. With an output of up to 140mW x 2 @ 32 ohms, the uDSD’s powerful headphone amplifier is capable of driving today’s most sophisticated headphones.

The uDSD is equipped with one Coaxial S/PDIF and 2V RCA Analog outputs for compatibility with a broad variety of systems. Of equal importance, with its native DSD format decoding capability, the uDSD is ideal for upgrading existing high-end non-DSD DACs. The uDSD features direct DAC out, i.e., fixed-analog out, in order to provide better overall sound quality, and in particular, better-sounding DSD. As an added benefit, this arrangement prevents distortion in tandem with receiving units with volume-adjusting capabilities. The headphone circuit, built on a sophisticated balanced design, provides the uDSD with the ability to drive almost any of today's headphones -- a feature that can also be used to drive active speakers.

For further information, please visit http://www.nuprimeaudio.com/index.php/product/dac-headphone-amps/portable-dacs/udsd

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #2 of 41
Nice, any words about a release date in Europe / Germany? Pricing still 179 Euro, or even higher?

Apr 30, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #5 of 41
Encore mDAC is $79.  uDSD is $179. 
uDSD is powered by USB port and can only be used by laptop or tablet/laptop device that can provide USB power.  It can also be used for integration of computer and home audio.  

Encore mDAC - for entry level audio enthusiasts, a very cheap and good sounding battery powered DAC. 
NuPrime uDSD -  audiophile level performance for integration purpose or desktop/travel use with laptop.  the uDAC* was widely used by recording engineers and in home audio integration. Some use it with active speakers.
Celsus Companion One - high-end do it all device.  

Apr 30, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #7 of 41
I hope that this will be an improvement over the uDac-2 as far reliability goes. Mine used to get very hot for no apparent reason. Other 
times it would just stop working for long periods of time only to mysteriously start working again. 

Apr 30, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #8 of 41
It was just shipping from US warehouse today.  Someone on head-fi.org has one pilot production unit and working on a review. The magazines have not received review units yet.  You get full refund from US online stores if you don't think it is good.
My team has been designing DAC for many years with one generation better than the previous one.

Apr 30, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #11 of 41
The Encore mDAC was out of stocks and a new shipment should arrive in Amazon warehouse any time now and should be available again by next Monday.
mDAC works with Windows and Android and comes with OTG cable for Android.

NuPrime uDSD only works with Windows (need to download the driver from nuprimeaudio.com) and Mac.

May 1, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #14 of 41
  NuPrime uDSD only works with Windows (need to download the driver from nuprimeaudio.com) and Mac.

I'm pretty sure with a USB OTG Y-splitter power cable + external battery and USB audio player pro app (with USB Class 2 driver support) this will work too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Up to 140mW into 32 ohms

Is that number correct? That's what a Schiit Magni puts into 600 ohms.

But you can't decode PCM384 and DSD256. I will grab this little DAC and connect it to an powerfull AMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back