Nuforce uDAC2-HP - high performance 24bit/96kHz USB DAC and headphone amp at incredible price point of $99
Sep 22, 2010 at 1:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

jasonl

Member of the Trade: Heap Venture
Following the incredibly successful uDAC, the $129 uDAC-2 takes it to the next level with 24bit/96kHz USB DAC, improved headphone amp, coaxial and RCA outputs.
Understanding that many users do not need the USB to S/PDIF converter or RCA outputs, we have created the $99 uDAC2-HP.

uDAC-2            uDAC2-HP
24bit/96kHZ USB DAC                               Yes                 Yes (same as uDAC-2)
High performance headphone amp               Yes                Yes (same as uDAC-2)
RCA Output                                               Yes                 No
Coaxial Output                                           Yes                 No
Volume Pot                                        Very high quality     High quality (same as original uDAC)     

Sep 24, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #3 of 18
i understand there will be no rca outputs on this hp version. would there be a difference if i use a mini to rca cable via headphone out to connect to the rca inputs of a desktop amp instead? how bad would this sound versus using the presently out-of-stock nuforce udac2 rca output to desktop amp?

thanks. sorry for the noob question...

Sep 30, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #8 of 18
Jason, pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is required replace the board in the udac with the upgrade kit? Is any soldering required, or do I just pop the new board in? Thanks.

Nov 29, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #14 of 18
lol, portable to me is wether I can carry it in my laptop bag, and I think I can do that. I already drag a 17 inch laptop with power suply and full size mouse so that wouldnt be a problem :wink:
I am hoping there is a christmas deal so it gets even cheaper lol just kidding

Users who are viewing this thread

Back