Nuforce Primo 8 - an Audiophile Phase Coherent Quad Balanced Armature Driver IEM - Impressions
Mar 27, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #421 of 454

I now put these at the same comfort level as my Westone W30s and that's exceptionally good.  The MEE Audio cable is very nice.

The only thing better than this idea is the fact that the P1's come with a second cord.

Mar 28, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #422 of 454
The only burn-in there is!

Why not put the westone tips on the Primo 8? They should fit.

I use Shure Olives on my W30s and while they fit the Primo's they are too small in my ear.  I use the Large Comply's with the Primos, first time ever I have needed a Large.  The Medium Comply is about the same size as the Medium Shure and they just don't seal 100% on my left ear with the Primo but are fine with the W30.  I think the W30 go deeper in my ear since they are smaller.

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #423 of 454
I think those are the pickiest IEMs in terms of choosing the tips. I am still searching for the best option. I am ready to order the Comply P100 hoping that they would be better than any silicon tips. Any opinions, please?

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #424 of 454
  I think those are the pickiest IEMs in terms of choosing the tips. I am still searching for the best option. I am ready to order the Comply P100 hoping that they would be better than any silicon tips. Any opinions, please?

I think the P100 are the best tips on the market, as long as you have the type of IEM it's meant for (i.e. Shure-style narrow-bore IEMs, not Etymotic)

Apr 21, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #425 of 454
I really thought I would have sold these by now, when I first got them they really weren't in my wheel house.  There is something different about them that I can't let go of.  I think they sound more lifelike than some of my other IEMs once the brain gets used to them. I'm also really digging the MEE Audio cable.

Sep 26, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #428 of 454
I just received mine from the latest Massdrop. I went through all 6 sizes of tips that came with it: the 4 silicone and the 2 T100 Comply. I get the best fit from the medium-sized silicone, which is the one on them when they ship, but its really tricky to get it seated "just right." Its easy to tell because unless I have them at just the right sweet spot there's no base at all. I've seen mentioned the Comply P100. That's just a T100 that's taller / longer, correct? I'm hesitant to spend $20 on them since I couldn't get a decent fit from the T100 that came with them. I also purchased the Westone sizing pack, 5 foam and 5 silicone. I've managed to loose one of the medium (black) silicone tips but the other 9 sizes / styles all failed to get a seal which provided any bass.

Should I just cut my losses and sell these, or try the P100, or go back and retry the various tips I do have or? Because right now I'm getting sound that's comparable to the $20 KZ ZS5 I bought from China recently.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #429 of 454
So I've had these now for a week and I absolutely love them. I put the Sony hybrid tips on these and have fell head over heels in love, haha. I haven't heard anything that sounds this good under 200.00 yet. Is there anyone else out there still enyoying theirs?

Oct 19, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #430 of 454
So I've had these now for a week and I absolutely love them. I put the Sony hybrid tips on these and have fell head over heels in love, haha. I haven't heard anything that sounds this good under 200.00 yet. Is there anyone else out there still enyoying theirs?
I found a posting, in this thread I think, about putting the smallest size tip on upside-down or backwards, depending on your point of view, then using the more typical 5mm hole T400 size ear tips. For me the magic combination is the KZ large silicone tip carefully spread over the inner sheath of the inverted small supplied silicone. Size wise it appears to be the same as the supplied large silicone tip but the fit is much different. I get a good seal without fiddling and consistent solid bass without discomfort. Which I did not get with the supplied tip. Perhaps the double layer of silicone around the nozzle makes the KZ tip more rigid and that's why it fits better for me even though it seems to be the same size as the included tip.

So I'm enjoying these now. Perhaps I'll look into finding out how to get the Sony hybrid tips since I've seen them mentioned before.

Oct 19, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #431 of 454
I found a posting, in this thread I think, about putting the smallest size tip on upside-down or backwards, depending on your point of view, then using the more typical 5mm hole T400 size ear tips. For me the magic combination is the KZ large silicone tip carefully spread over the inner sheath of the inverted small supplied silicone. Size wise it appears to be the same as the supplied large silicone tip but the fit is much different. I get a good seal without fiddling and consistent solid bass without discomfort. Which I did not get with the supplied tip. Perhaps the double layer of silicone around the nozzle makes the KZ tip more rigid and that's why it fits better for me even though it seems to be the same size as the included tip.

So I'm enjoying these now. Perhaps I'll look into finding out how to get the Sony hybrid tips since I've seen them mentioned before.
I read about doing that tip mod. I DESPISED the included tips, so I close to immediately did some tip rolling. In my opinion, the sony hybrids opened up the sound considerably and also are really comfortable. They seal AMAZINGLY as well so the isolation is terrific. I've seen the sony tips on amazon and can highly recommend them for the primo8. I'm using the hybrids that have silicone over top of foam. Wow, do they ever make a difference!

Dec 20, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #432 of 454
I use Shure Olives on my W30s and while they fit the Primo's they are too small in my ear. I use the Large Comply's with the Primos, first time ever I have needed a Large. The Medium Comply is about the same size as the Medium Shure and they just don't seal 100% on my left ear with the Primo but are fine with the W30. I think the W30 go deeper in my ear since they are smaller.

I know it's been awhile since you've posted this but how would you compare the sound sig of the W30 to the Primo8? My wife lost her W30's and I was thinking of getting her a pair of the Primo's as a cheaper/better? alternative.

Dec 20, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #433 of 454
I know it's been awhile since you've posted this but how would you compare the sound sig of the W30 to the Primo8? My wife lost her W30's and I was thinking of getting her a pair of the Primo's as a cheaper/better? alternative.

I was actually considering grabbing another pair while they are on sale. They sound unlike any other IEM I have owned, with the closest being Aurisonics (Fender Now). The are very mid forward. That being said, for an everyday IEM or only IEM I would take the W30 hands down. They just do everything right especially fit and comfort. The Primo's also need a little more power than your everyday Smartphone to shine. I grabbed a pair or UE900s a few weeks ago and they are just a little more brighter and spacious than the W30 but again the W30 wins on comfort.

Where the Nuforce win is the value proposition, $135 is a steal for them right now.

Feb 1, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #435 of 454
Whats the review on these ? i've joined the drop on massdrop (yeah, i know its too late to ask now) but there seems to be many different reviews.. good/bad... which is it ?
I had troubles getting a comfortable fit with a good seal. Once you have that and apply a bit more power than a typical earphone I think they sound good. YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back