1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NuForce NE700X vs PFE012

1. Nielo TM
    I already have the PFE012, which I use indoors for critical listening (as well as for movies and games). I was going to get another pair of PFE012 to use outdoors, but I use the Sansa Clip Zip, which doesn't fully exploit its true potential. I looked at various low-cost alternatives with similar sound-signature to the PFE012 and the NE700X seems to be the ideal choice. But in the UK it's priced at £65 (inc Del). So is it worth opting for the NE700X or should I spend £30 extra and get another PFE012 (or something entirely different).

PS: I should point out that I walk a lot and spend ~2 hours in the gym (5 times a week). I don't want to ruin my primary phones hence why I need a second pair.

2. Nielo TM
    ordered the NE700X

3. tinyman392
    I was going to say to wait up a bit.  The 700s have been redesigned, and possibly retuned as of late :p  The new design looks matted as well.  No word on sound.  I don't have my old 700s on hand any longer to do comparisons, but should be getting the new ones in soon: http://www.nuforce.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=27:ne-700x-m&Itemid=384

4. Nielo TM
    Gonna have to return em'. They are not even close to the PFE012