Nuforce NE-8 --- Initial Impressions
Dec 13, 2008 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Hooran

100+ Head-Fier
I don't have the time to write a full review yet as I still have a Psych and Organic Chem final this upcoming week T.T

The NE-8s include 3 sets of different sized tips + 1 set of dual-flange tips. The tips were a bit thin in my opinion, so I used my extra set of medium silicone tips from my vModa earphones. There is a short length of mouldable wire near the ear pieces for its over the ear design. The NE-8s do a great job of staying in position with its over-the-ear design. That aspect, along with its clip, make the NE-8s my least microphonic earphones. Jumping around and running didn't hinder my listening to the NE-8s, and no adjusting was needed either. The earphone jack is a right-angled jack which I prefer, since they don't seem to break as easily. The NE-8s earpieces were a bit funky looking when I first opened the package, but after putting them in my ears, I really liked the design; they are low-profile, fit snug in my ears, and don't stick out like my Ultimate Ears earphones ---discrete.

On first listen without burning in my NE-8s yet, I am really enjoying the sound signature. They have excellent warmth and clarity, as well as a nice airiness about them; the sound is not completely drilled inside my head, but rather, well placed (i.e. nice soundstage). The bass isn't as strong and a bit lacking compared to some of my other IEMs, but it is still very tight and clean sounding. What I enjoy the most (so far) are the mids. They really bring out my Billy Joel and Celine Dion ---the NE-8s do a great job rendering the vocals and piano. In a nutshell, I feel that the NE-8s are a very good set of earphones at its price point. I have more listening and studying to do, so this is to be continued later...

When I have more time, I will do a head-to-head comparison with my UE TF10s, Super.fi 3s, and if my Westone 3s haven't been sold yet, then the Westone 3s as well.

On a side note, I was impressed by the carrying case that Nuforce included. It is a hard, clam-shell, 2 zipper pouch that was included with my $64 NE-8s ---better than the small, soft pouch included with the $399 Westone 3s.

I like the clip that is included. These are probably my least microphonic IEMs at the moment.

Dec 14, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The NE-7M is very good in its own right according to others who have owned it. So if strong bass is a criterion for you, then I would go with the NE-7M.

ya but the mids are horrible compared to the apple dual driver buds

Dec 14, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #8 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by dlamin517 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ya but the mids are horrible compared to the apple dual driver buds

This is not a thread about the apple dual driver IEMS (not buds).

But thanks for the off topic information.

-Pony

Dec 14, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #10 of 32
Nice shots! It looks pretty flush. I wonder if you can wear this phone for sleeping on the side.

Anyway, I look forward for your comparisons with other phones.

Oh, btw, can you give a little comment how does it compare to Koss KSC-75 that you have.

Dec 14, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #11 of 32
I'm not sure I can really compare these to the Koss KSC75, one is in ear, other is clip on. My KSC75 sound very tinny compared to the NE-8s. NE-8s are better in probably every aspect--- A LOT more detailed, wider soundstage, better definition and clarity, warmer---

The KSC75 were only $16 for me, so my Nuforce NE-8s that sound very good for their $64 price point would naturally blow the KSC75 out of the water.

Dec 14, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by PouncePony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is not a thread about the apple dual driver IEMS (not buds).

But thanks for the off topic information.

-Pony

any time

:/

Dec 14, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #13 of 32
Thanks for the impression. From the look of the earpieces and the hardcase, I won't be surprised to find out SoundMAGIC is the OEM for NuForce. Quite a lot of similarity there.

Dec 14, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #14 of 32
Thanks!

Yeah, I agree KSC75 should not be compared. That was just my curiosity because KSC75 is what we have in common (based on your sig) and that is my point of reference. Well, it's good to know that NE-8 are better than KSC75 in all respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back