Nuforce ne 7ms broke - replacement?
Sep 27, 2011 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Installation

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there,
The question is basically in the title, the right earphone has just completely gone which is a real shame! Anyway, I adored the sound and was wondering if there was anything that could essentially combat these up to the price of £60 (what I paid originally) or I may just buy the same ones again.

Thanks!

Oct 7, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #2 of 5
Not sure what you liked about it so I can't say what would be a good replacement for you. But I too had the NE-7M and liked the sonic quality but when it broke (actually someone accidentally tugged at the wires where it was hung and sheared off the insulation from one side and severed some of the copper strands within) I went about searching for something with better isolation (never could get a good seal with its silicone tips and had to use Comply foams which I'm not crazy about), better soundstage and better clarity in the mids and highs. Eventually I settled on the ECCI PR401 which checked most of the boxes except perhaps the isolation. In my opinion, sonically better than the NE-7M albeit without the in-line remote/mic. YMMV

Oct 7, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #3 of 5
Since you like the Ne-7m, how about NuForce's very own NE700M/X?

Oct 8, 2011 at 7:10 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the replies, may I ask if there are any comparisons between the ne700m and ne7m? Also, sorry about not being able to say what I like about them in particular, I don't really have many things to compare them to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back