NuForce NE-7M question
Sep 27, 2009 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bcpk

1000+ Head-Fier
I've just bought a pair of NE-7Ms. In my mad rush to buy them it completely slipped my mind that they are for iPhones, not computers. So the mic won't work for, say, Skype. My question is this : Is there such a thing as a single 4-pin 3.5mm to two 3-pin 3.5mm (stereo + mic) splitter? I've tried quite a bit of Googling, but almost every result is some frustrated iPhone user trying to get it to work the other way around.

Thanks for any answers
beerchug.gif

Sep 28, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #4 of 6
The opposite exists, although i don't see enough pins on that iphone connector. I can't imagine it would be that hard to make - perhaps one of the DIYers here can do it. I don't think there's one commercially available.

Sep 28, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks dreadful, that was what I was looking for. I actually found them myself afterwards after another hour or so of searching. Unfortunately the shipping for one of them from the USA is $20 even for one, and I can't afford to pay $30 for such a basic item. I guess I'll have to try making one myself, though I have no idea how I'd do it. I know that there are 3.5mm video cables which have the same 4-pin segmentation as the iPhone headset type, so I have to find a socket and then two 3-pin 3.5mm plugs with cables ... then do some soldering, I suppose.
If anyone could give me some pointers about the wiring, that would be great. I think the four segments are mic, left, right, ground. And then left, right, ground for the stereo plug ... and mic ... mic, ground(??) for the mic plug. I really have no idea about how the splitting would be wired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back